IF SHE SMOKES SHE POKES
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cars started to make a grinding sound on full lock or close to full ? help

·
IF SHE SMOKES SHE POKES
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no standard pentas sounds coming from front end somewere like a brake disk/pad grind, checked those all ok there

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Inside wheel arch splash guard loose maybe, or is it more a metal on metal grinding noise?

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Long shot but might be worth jacking. At up and checking for movement in wheel bearing. Could be grinding when on full lock because there may be more presseure on the wheel. Easily done by jacking up car and checking for unwanted movement back and forth on the wheel.

Like I say long shot but wheel bearigs grind when going

·
IF SHE SMOKES SHE POKES
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah sound metal to metal bit like worn pads on disk but there good

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
possibly bearings, if you do jack it up grab the wheel 9 to 3 and try to rock it, then 12 to 6.... can you tell what side the noise is coming from?

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Am thinking cv joint, if the rubber boot is split dirt may have got into the joint and clogged it up with grit. The joint might just be wornout aswell.

·
The Party Organizer!
734 Posts
Am thinking cv joint, if the rubber boot is split dirt may have got into the joint and clogged it up with grit. The joint might just be wornout aswell.
Grinding noise when on full lock? 99% sure is cv joint!

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Could also be low power steering fluid?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread but I've got a similar problem so thought I'd post here rather than create another one.

I've started to get a knocking noise when I put full right hand lock on. My Civic Type S GT is only 2 years old so I assume this is not normal? I've got it booked into my local dealer on Wednesday so I'm hoping that if there's any problems they'll be covered by warranty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.