2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So for the past couple of weeks I've had this weird grinding/scraping noise when I accelerate (IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE!!! [smilie=grrrrrr.gif]). The noise stays the same, it doesn't get faster or slower with the cars speed, just this annoying noise that I can't seem to figure out where it's coming from. Checked the oil levels as I thought it might be something to do with the valves but the levels are normal. I check this level daily but thought I'd double check just to make sure.

My old man is a mechanic so naturally I went to him first but he says he can't hear anything. Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem? It's only from second gear onward and the noise disappears completely when I release the throttle. Any ideas because I have absolutely no idea what to check next.

Cheers,
Neil.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,720 Posts
Sounds like the clutch is bad. the material is worn down and the clutch is metal on metal with the flywheel, i might be wrong but get it checked just to rule it out.. gl ..

also check the exhaust heat-shields these can come loose and vibrate..

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the reply dude, I'll ask my old man if he can take a look at the clutch for me and see if it needs replacing or that. The gears aren't slipping though and are pretty solid. Good area to check, I'll have a look at the heat shield tonight and see if it's came loose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts