2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the list for the Apocalypse fallout group buy and frankly the thread has gotten out of control with several pages of posts that could have been avoided. It has mostly stemmed from the seller (rightly or wrongly) agreeing to start taking payments before the deadline of the sale. I would suggest that in future if there is a deadline on a sale then it is adhered to. This would benefit the buyers, who are clear in when to expect to pay/recieve their item. I understand people may have wanted it early but we then have two discussions going on and it casues confusion for everyone. Sticking to the deadline would benefit sellers in being able to meet demand by the deadline (in the example above it has emerged that stock has run out) and keeping better track of the list of interested parties and payment situation.

This leads to the second suggestion that only the thread starter of these maintains the list of interested parties and who has paid. The thread in my example has branched at some point and there are two lists, noticed by the payment status of people around me in the list changing from paid to not paid and back, depending on which quote the next poster is using. Also, people from here won't be aware of users from other forums joining the group buy which may confuse the numbering. Finally by having only the seller maintaining the list their updating people to payment received would be further confirmation that they have recieved it from a particular user, which has been a concern I've noticed in this thread.

Hope this is of some use

1 - 1 of 1 Posts