2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Silent Assassin
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parked my car out side the office tonight (by the gerkin building in london), got back to it at about 2:30am to find some low life **** sucking inbred decided it would be fun to kick my wing mirror off.

The wing mirror was in the up position when I left it, it is now being held on by sellotape.

The only marks on it was the rubber from the retards shoe/trainer which I wiped off, and the black plastic near the window has scrapes on it where the wing mirror was forcibly scraped against it.

The indicator works, and the mirror motor kind of works (only moved the mirror about 1cm in any direction).

But I cant get the mirror to stay on the car, I think something at the bottom has broken off or craked.

Am I looking at a replacement here?

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I'm afraid odds are that it will be a replacement job. Try a breakers?

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
By the way, I feel your frustration, why can't people just leave stuff alone? Eejuts.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
There are some real scrotes out there! Not always strangers either, one of my neighbours has marked rear door on my NHB with the rivets on his jeans pocket, squeezing between my car and the pillar of car park; so as not to mark HIS paintwork (overblown 59 plate nazi go-kart 5-series)

It just shows a selfish contempt for other peoples property.

(Mental image of hitting perpetrators smug face with blunt instrument)

These 'people' are nothing more than insects.

You have my sincere sympathy Windlepoons

Regards

Dave

·
Silent Assassin
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys, whoever it was, they are lucky I didn't return to the car and see them do it, I'm guessing the alarm went off as there is no other damage.

The dealer is sorting it for £215, they are replacing the assembly and reusing the current coloured parts.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Parked my car out side the office tonight (by the gerkin building in london), got back to it at about 2:30am to find some low life **** sucking inbred decided it would be fun to kick my wing mirror off.

The wing mirror was in the up position when I left it, it is now being held on by sellotape.

The only marks on it was the rubber from the retards shoe/trainer which I wiped off, and the black plastic near the window has scrapes on it where the wing mirror was forcibly scraped against it.

The indicator works, and the mirror motor kind of works (only moved the mirror about 1cm in any direction).

But I cant get the mirror to stay on the car, I think something at the bottom has broken off or craked.

Am I looking at a replacement here?
You have my sympathy mate, the Police describe this kind of thing as "petty crime" try telling you it's "petty" and I wonder what your reaction will be.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Bottom dwellers!

I was walking through Ramsbottom at Christmas and some toad had not only ripped off someone's wing mirror, but they'd also lodged it under the driver's front wheel as well; no doubt hoping they'd drive over it. I picked it up and placed it on the windscreen wipers so they'd see it.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
I picked it up and placed it on the windscreen wipers so they'd see it.
You were obviously being helpful, but imagine the situation if the driver came back at that moment and seen you doing it. ;)

I absolutely detest people who vandalise cars. :mad:
They seem to get a twisted sense of amusement from it, but there must be a jealousy element in there as well, because i cant imagine anybody who has a nice car of their own doing this to another persons car.
If you were to catch somebody in the act of vandalising your car and hit them(quite understandable), you would end up in much more trouble than them. [smilie=hate.gif]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts