2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forums and can't find much info on it, but I have my new gruppe M in my house, not on the car... Yet, and don't see any drainage holes for it?

Has anyone had any problems with hydrolock? Am I being silly, or should there be some sort of drainage for this? Surely water can be sucked in from front of car?

Please someone put my mind to rest?

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Have had my GruppeM on for just over a year now, including 1000km trips on hard pouring motorways, not even a hint of water getting anywhere near the filter.
And ive checked it right after its rained several times.
May your mind be at ease :)

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's always nice to hear... But I am right in saying that "there really is no drainage holes right?"

Surely... Surely rain can get sucked up?

It's almost obvious that rain can...

·
I-VTEC everyday ;)
562 Posts
don't think the water can travel through the grill and all the way up the duct to the filter, I always use my pressure washer to clean my car and my engine bay rarely gets wet let alone water reaching the filter! Don't worry about water getting into it because it won't, your car is safe!

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent... Thanks both... Really appreciative... Now I can sleep :)

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
That's always nice to hear... But I am right in saying that "there really is no drainage holes right?"

Surely... Surely rain can get sucked up?

It's almost obvious that rain can...
Hmmm... dont remember, I guess not. 20,000 km in all conditions and no water. System works very well

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
Fonejacker if you got TDI to do your fitting all the advise they give is free and unlimited. And you would have less unsure questions and peace of mind that your car is being looked after correctly.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
It does have a hole in the bottom on the box, it locates on one rubber mount where the OEM box mounts to and there is another hole which would let any water that might somehow manage to get all the way to it out of the bottom. I had mine on for ages and never had any issues.

See you tomorrow for fitting. :D

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It does have a hole in the bottom on the box, it locates on one rubber mount where the OEM box mounts to and there is another hole which would let any water that might somehow manage to get all the way to it out of the bottom. I had mine on for ages and never had any issues.

See you tomorrow for fitting. :D
Got you.... As you can see, I'm a worrier.. See you at 1pm tomorrow :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts