2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Looking for a bit of advice or help. I have fitted the Gruppe M on my mugen and it looks lovely in the engine bay. My issues are once I am out on a drive, when I am sitting in 3rd gear upwards and accelerate hard the car hesitates slightly then accelerates hard, feels slightly lumpy. Has anyone had these issues? Would a remap solve this. any suggestions/ help is greatly appreciated. :smile3:

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Ideally you should get it remapped, I had the gruppe m and got it mapped. Ran perfectly for 9 months that I had it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ideally you should get it remapped, I had the gruppe m and got it mapped. Ran perfectly for 9 months that I had it.

Thank you Flashy. I was hoping that was the case, next to do on my bucket list. After identifying what exhaust system I have on it. Had a quick look but couldn't see any stamps. Loud on start up and nice drone at 70mph:grin2:.

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Stick a pic on here, somebody may identify it. Does it have a silencer below the drivers seat?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stick a pic on here, somebody may identify it. Does it have a silencer below the drivers seat?
Haven't had a chance to get a good look under the car yet due to lovely Scottish weather lol. Will get a look tomorrow at work and post pics up. Will update tomorrow. :grin2:. Thank you for your help. Think a road trip to TDI North with a bag of cash will be happening soon lol

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Gruppe m was known to run fine on a stock map.

Is the MAF sensor the right way round (on the underside) of the pipe and not the top?
Also is the filter clean and on tight?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gruppe m was known to run fine on a stock map.

Is the MAF sensor the right way round (on the underside) of the pipe and not the top?
Also is the filter clean and on tight?
I am sure the MAF sensor is around the right way am I right in saying that it can only clip in the one way?? And is on the underside of the pipe. all the fittings are tight. Have ordered cleaning kit K&N today so will give it a clean this weekend

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
I managed to put the maf on top after a while but it rubbed.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Yes that's the right way mate, you might just be unlucky.

Most run the RSK without issue but mine had a huge flatspot unmapped and lasted about 2 weeks ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't have any other mods on it yet lol. As I mentioned unsure what exhaust I have on it. Loud at start and nice drone on motorway. Had a quick look at back box but has no stamps on it. Will need to get it up on the ramp to get a good look

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
I would check that there are no leaks and the maf is fitted nice and flat (because of having to use the maf plate and spacers provided)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks will get a good look at it either today or at the weekend. Will check there is no leaks etc and give the filter a clean.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi just a quick update. Took the gruppe m off yesterday just to check MAF was seated correctly. Noticed that one of the hose clips was not tight, so tightened that up. Also air filter clip wasn't tight. Tightened that up after inspecting the filter. Def bogging and needs a clean. So will get filter kit from Halfords and give it a clean tonight. Seems more responsive this morning so fingers crossed the hoses and a filter clean helps even more. Has anyone else noticed how little play you have with MAF connector? ??

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
You might need to unclip one of the grey arrow clips (look like the green one by the maf sensor) to give you a bit more play. Don't have it too loose as you don't want to risk it getting caught up in the gear linkage.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts