2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Trust me, I'm a Doctor
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading about couldnt find alot about it.

Really like the look of it.

What sort of increases can i expect without flashpro.

Does it make a good noise?

Anyone selling one?

The airflow seems a bit indifferent, how does it get through the grill??

Any advice would be helpful.

·
Aye Aye....
7,104 Posts
Good bit of kit, think GM claim a gain of 14bhp unmapped but I think probably half that is more realistic, I had it on my car for a year or so, makes a nice grunt from it too, it doesn't come thru the grille mate, you cut off the sound deadening under the bonnet and then cut the weather strip at the front of the bonnet and then it feeds from the gap between the grille and the bonnet :) hope that helps

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Been reading about couldnt find alot about it.

Really like the look of it.

What sort of increases can i expect without flashpro.

Does it make a good noise?

Anyone selling one?

The airflow seems a bit indifferent, how does it get through the grill??

Any advice would be helpful.
I had my GruppeM on without flashpro for about 5000 miles.
Throttle response became much better, especially at low rpm's and the engine revved quicker and easier at high rpm's...
but there was a small flatspot somewhere between 3000-4000rpms (cant remember now, was ages ago)
When I got flashpro and had it tuned it resulted in about 14hp over stock, not to mention no more flat-spot.
Ideally you should get flashpro first... thats what I would do if I were to start over :)

·
Trust me, I'm a Doctor
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kl folks cheers.

Between hks rsk, tegiwa box and gruppe m. But i just really liked the look of the GM

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I don't have Flashpro (yet) but I have a Hondata ECU. The Gruppe M gives a really throaty gurgle at mid revs when Vtec kicks in, but I don't know how much of this is due the ECU. It defintely feels as though I have more power.

Interesting to read about the flat spot. I always felt this but have never read about it until now. Exhaust then Flashpro should solve it :)

Gruppe M is very good mate. Pricey, but look for one second hand like I did :)

·
Trust me, I'm a Doctor
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers man, been looking second hand. But will buy new if need be. Really fancy it. Bit worried about the flat spot business though...

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the flatspot too much buddy. I know it's there but only because I feel I know my engine well through driving it so much. It doesn't hinder the car; I just know when I have the Flashpro it'll make the whole car even better.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
I have Gruppe M on mine and I love it, def best looking kit with good gains and noise, but has said would look for second hand save some money. I knew whatever I had needed be in carbon fibre as its the look I wanted for the car.

I've noticed a flat spot low down, but only from cold and again as said it's minor and will be gone when I get flashpro :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.