2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone was wondering where I got my name from ;-) I love playing guitar and my favourite artist is Paul Gilbert.

Enjoy

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Boy can play! Always wanted to play an instrument just haven't got the patience :(

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
WOW! ive been playing since I was nine and you blow me out of the water! I just stick to my acoustic for the ladies haha. Mad skill man! very impressive

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boy can play! Always wanted to play an instrument just haven't got the patience :(
I also teach too part time, I live in Stoke. If you fancy a few free "taster" sessions youre welcome to come! Same to any other member, two free guitar lessons :)

Im sure when you start with the basics you can become a great player in no time :)

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW! ive been playing since I was nine and you blow me out of the water! I just stick to my acoustic for the ladies haha. Mad skill man! very impressive
Thanks man, its just practice :-D.. The small stack I got from Ebay for £200 lol its a belter!!

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
That's some impressive play there mate, I had guessed by your name that you had something to do with guitars!

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
really appreciate the gutaring, Im more of a Gary moore,joe bonamassa, johnny winter to name but a few... never heard of Paul Gilbert before but will do some research and mabey a few cds cheers buddy!!

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seriously impressive dude!

Is it just me or do you look like Ryan Reynolds?
Ryan Reynolds?? Lol yea Im his body double lol

·
'Spoon' fed
445 Posts
I play 6 string bass!!

Unfortunatley after 2 record deals, 2 albums, numerous videos and 10 years of solid touring we've all decided to 'settle down'. Oh well. Thought Id share this with you.

·
Peanut butter and Jelly
327 Posts
nice touch! :like:

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I play 6 string bass!!

Unfortunatley after 2 record deals, 2 albums, numerous videos and 10 years of solid touring we've all decided to 'settle down'. Oh well. Thought Id share this with you.

Wow!! Awesome! You're really rocking out there :-D got any links to share?

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
whats the name of the song in your first vid? would like to learn something like that:) just the rhythm part though, not got crazy solo skills like you lol impressive

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
whats the name of the song in your first vid? would like to learn something like that:) just the rhythm part though, not got crazy solo skills like you lol impressive
Paul Gilbert - Fuzz Universe starts from around 1min in the song with that riff.. its killer man :-D

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the nice comments so far :-D

·
Thread Killer
21 Posts
Great widdlies! I'm an ex-muso too, but of the percussive persuasion. I played my last gig in 1982, after she said "either all that gear goes, or I do." And since the gear (3/4 of a ton) wasn't blonde with big hooters, I made a decision I've regretted ever since.

I've owned around a dozen guitars in my time, but a conspicuous lack of talent means I always end up selling them before getting any better. The present one is a black Fender DG-3 acoustic, which I currently use to practice my dusting and polishing skills on every couple of weeks. Ho hum...

Anyway, don't give up, and just pray that Joe Bonamassa's fingers drop off soon. ;)

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Paul Gilbert is the man! Seriously nice fella too. Me and the RG (well we think he is. But you guys probably are too) saw him at the Guitar Show in Excel a coupla years ago (well, along with about 30 other people). He said 'what do you want me to play'. RG said 'something in F Sharp'. Lol. Little PG in-joke for you there.

Him, Gary Moore (RIP, RG blubbed big time), Rory Gallagher, Angus, to name but a few, all RG's that my RG aspires to :)

I'll get some pics if I can...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts