2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I have the typical " green gunge and moss" infestation in the rear lights and around the Perspex rear screen. The green gunge is all around the 'plastic lens to bodywork seal' area. It's starting to look ugly now. I'm not too keen on injecting bleach (think what it does to blue jeans) to kill the...well whatever it is in there. Short of removing all of the light panels, perspex screen, and all the other bits and bobs, is there another proven method?
Anyone removed all the rear plastic to do this job? Big job? Piccies?
Cheers. Happy motoring to all.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
removed all the lights on mine 2weeks ago to clean out the green gunge does not take to long once you have removed the big large panel from the boot lid on the inside
just don't shut the boot lid once you have removed centre section as you cant open it again as the lock is electronic and you will have unplugged it

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
When I did mine I gave it all a good dousing with Milton fluid which is used for sterilizing baby bottles etc, and have had no recurrence of mouldiness; only about 2 quid in Sainsburys for a fair-sized bottle

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I bought some cheap syrnges from ebay,with needles,honestly. Then mixed some bleach,only a small amount, with water in a mug. then suck it up your syringe and inject all around the lights where you see the green.You can see the liquid go in and attack it lol. Any that drips down I washed off. Within a couple of days the green has completely gone and lights look good as new. Did this over a year ago and still looks good. Cheap fix. Syringes were about £2 and missus had bleach in her cupboared.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts