2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone hope your all well.

have been reading the forums for a while and found them very helpful in purchasing a type r.

the only reason i am gutted about the type r is that I bought it for the MRS!!!!

and I should have bought if for me Doh!!!

Any way think it is a fantastic car and most of what i have read on here has been bang on .

Mine sorry the Mrs'sss!!! is in black lowish mileage and on an 07 plate FSH and I hope it is a good un certainly drives well.

Have made the mistake of not realising it was only a four seater but will have to manage absolutely love the interior looks brilliant.

have already been to halfords and bought all the cleaning stuff ready for tommorow so that I can give my new car (sorry the mrs's car a proper valet)

Thinking of getting rear windows tinted and just wondered what other peoples opinions are on this (not the legal side just how they think they look)

anyway to all the people who have posted many thanks as the posts were really helpful to me when choosing this car

regards

john

·
Hairy Northerner
165 Posts
If you are thinking about tinting an NHB Type R, I'd also consider getting the front doors done in a lighter (legal! :police:) tint, otherwise, it would end up looking like a van!

I've got an Alabaster Silver with all windows done bar the screen, and I think it looks great, even if my Mrs refers to it as Gangster Glass!

As an aside...what do YOU drive? Welcome to the forum, and why haven't you got a Civic yet? :p

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
hello & welcome :) your mrs is a lucky lady !!

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Welcome along.
I have a Black R and have allround tints, check out my album if you want to know how the tints look.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ive got an RX8 192 in winning blue (sky blue) and before everyone slates me it was heart over mind and I do prefer the civic.

With the civic you feel right at home the gearbox is sublime the engine note is great but I honestly think the Rx8 edges it for sound.

Worst part about the RX8 is that it is constantly on your mind that something is going to go wrong which you know that isn't going to happen with the civic.

Gearbox is also slower than civic ride quality slightly better but they are two totally different cars.

Kids are off school next week so will be using the civic cant wait!!!!!!

Have booked it in for tints in Chorlton Manchester (Albany road) for the rears to be done for £99 which seems reasonable .Also know they have been there a while so hopefully that implies that there reputable.

And also to everyone thanks for the welcome will try and post some pics soon .Just spent the last three and half ours cleaning it LOL due to valeters at dealers using back to black (silicone based) which is something I hate on cars.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Welcomw Mr & Mrs john
good colour choice lovely when been cleaned but murder to keep it thay way.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts