2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew the paint work was thin on the civics but never expected it to come away when cleaning it. i spent 7 hours cleaning it on wed an today this happens, words cant decribe how am feeling right now

Attachments

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
frasermcc said:
I knew the paint work was thin on the civics but never expected it to come away when cleaning it. i spent 7 hours cleaning it on wed an today this happens, words cant decribe how am feeling right now
Pressure washer? Dealership did that to a civic when I was in the showroom and just replaced the bumper

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
eah using ma pressure washer, used it hundreds of times before on it ao not sure y it decided to come away this time

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Hope you get it sorted mate. Could take it to a body shop and see what they'd recommend.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Looking at your photo....there is no way this should happen, even on a 4 year old car.
If i was you i would take it to my local Honda dealer and see what they say?

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
I only use a pressure washer to apply snow foam/APC mix/arches they are just too powerful at close range (6" or closer) for water based paints. All you need to effectively rinse a car is an open ended hose - as the aim should be to sheet the muck/suds off the car.

Civics do have some kind of corrosion/paint warranty iirc might be worth a shot?

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That bumpers not even a year old. A got a new one when someone crashed into me. Hopefully I'll get a chance tomorrow and head to Honda an see what there saying about it

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
That bumpers not even a year old. A got a new one when someone crashed into me. Hopefully I'll get a chance tomorrow and head to Honda an see what there saying about it
Was all work carried out by Honda? I so they should replace free of charge as it will have a pars/labor warranty of 1 year usually. Looks like bad prep by the sprayer to me:(

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i bought it from honda in prestwick but i fitted it myself, do they ave warrants if you have fitted them your self?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts