2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A warning too all potential purchasers out there please be careful when you are buying your car from the big boy franchises they are all not what they seem and some mainly the one I bought my car from are damn liars!!!

Bought my car last week (sorry Mrs car) from a big dealer discussed the FSH over the phone was told when it had been serviced and what mileage etc.

Went down viewed the car (on the way my car broke down in Preston and I had to leave it)

Got a Taxi to the dealers looked at the car honestly a top looking car drove spot on.

filled in all the docs paid for the car. at this time it was getting late kids were still in school etc.

Asked about the FSH and was told it was in glove box (please don't tell me it's my fault) but when I got home found there was no Service history

Phoned dealer who said "don't worry it's probably in the service department as they would have stamped it.

Phone a couple of days later sales man now stating never said there was history and that he's upset i am calling him a liar.

Anyway don't know what to do car is great but i will suffer resale time.

So if anyone wants to know who the dealer is so they don't get caught out then email me on [email protected].

Have checked them out on internet and the way they have treated me seems to be the norm with some very unhappy customers out there

·
Administrator
15,507 Posts
yes name and shame so potential owners can stay away. Dont know how long you've had the car but are you not entited to a 14 day cooling off period or something so you can tell them to stick it or get the history sorted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Evans Halshaw Preston part of Stratsone part of the Pendragon Group..

Paid cash so have less recourse i think ..

have spoke with trading standards and the issue lies with proving it as It was all verbal.

They are posting ads on pistonheads.

I honestly would not expect a main dealer to sell a car without service history.

The sad part is that i bought a mazda RX8 off a petrol station forecourt.

i.e back street dealer bought the car as I saw it drove it twice.

Bought it I know big risk!!!! due to engine reliability.

after a day i thought the clutch seemed iffy took it back .

The guy said if the clutch is iffy after a mechanic has drove car then they will replace, which they did and they serviced the car to mazda spec plugs coils oils etc new tyres same as type r so not cheap mot for 12 months.

And also put new springs and shocks on the rear.

absolutely brilliant and all on a car that cost £2495.

When I bought the RX8 I was under the impression it had SH but it did .

That was DH near Davyhulme Circle Flixton Manager .

The part that really annoys me is the fact that they have blatantly lied to me.

They have tried to amend things by sending me an invoice on the type R for the service they carried out.

An invoive for nearly four hundred pouns for the following

2xnumber plates (evans halshaw logos on them) so probably didnt need anyway.

Oil filter

Oil

Indicator

£400 you must be ******* kidding £100 tops for parts hours hour an half labour tops

Am going to push them as far as i can so please watch this place and i will keep everyone informed.

many thanks

john

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
meant to say that i thought that the RX8 had no service history and bought the car on condition but It did have full service history

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I don't want to say it is your fault, but I not only check the service book, I also look for the actual receipts and I have on some occasions even called the dealers where the car has allegedly been serviced so they can check that it is on their systems (i.e. not a stolen or fake stamp being used).

Unfortunately there are a lot of bad dealers out there.

Good luck with this!

Evans Halshaw Preston part of Stratsone part of the Pendragon Group..
Did you say Evans Halshaw Preston part of Stratsone part of the Pendragon Group?

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
It's frustrating and so on, but if you are happy with the car and it feels ok to you, then have fun and enjoy it. When the time comes to sell it be honest with the buyer and explain that whilst you can't vouch for the time before you had the car, you can since you have had it.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
You could explain to the manager that you were promised the service history and ask what he is going to do about it or you could try to contact the previous owner. You really should check all paperwork, even before you check the car.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
If you have still got the advert and it says the car has FSH, then they have not sold the car you went to buy, but as already said a car is a big purchase, if you ran out of time come back when you have more time, good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have asked them to trace history or to replace car to be fair seem to have back tracked hopefully will sort me out fingers crossed if they don't i will be very dissapointed

Have put the car in for a health check with Honda which is free so hopefully car comes back as being a good un.

But any problems will hopefully be in my favour.

Still I do love the Mrs car.

Has put me right off my RX8 which is going up for sale shortly.

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
Thats not good mate,hmm shoudl try getting in contact with the pervious owner from the v5 doc.

Hope you can get it sorted out mate usually if it aint got service history the pervious owner may have did the interval service themselves and didnt use a honda dealer

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
If it's a used approved Honda doesn't it come with something like a 30 day cooling off period where you can exchange the car for equal or higher value one?

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Have asked them to trace history or to replace car to be fair seem to have back tracked hopefully will sort me out fingers crossed if they don't i will be very dissapointed

Have put the car in for a health check with Honda which is free so hopefully car comes back as being a good un.

But any problems will hopefully be in my favour.

Still I do love the Mrs car.

Has put me right off my RX8 which is going up for sale shortly.

The free health check could end up costing you money mate.

My CTS went for one of these about 4 months ago and they tried to tell me it needed a head gasket because of a small oil leak and gave me a crazy quote for parts and labour.

I took it to a guy that does my mechanical work for me for a second opinion and it turned out to be an o-ring on the cam sensor.

£1.50 was the cost.

Not saying all dealers are the same but you never know.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi to be honest I am hoping they rip it apart and come back with loads of faults especially anything linked with MOT then I can get VOSA involved and be a thorn in there side but to be honest I do think the cars is a good one ther isnt a mark inside it or out for that matter

·
Living the dream!
8,542 Posts
the fact is you paid for a car with FSH I think the least they could do is throw in the next 2 services for free and if you are happy with the car then that would be a result and save you around £400 in future but to be fair this would not cost the dealer much so would be a good comprise.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts