1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Of course i can't comment on that precise kit for obvious reasons but i would try out some of the Auto Finesse Kit, fantastic stuff, great price and lasts too, http://www.waxyclean.co.uk/shop-by-brand/auto-finesse.html

The images are quite small to seem do you have any higher res images so i can really get a good idea of what the damage is - mainly the top one.

The bottom image, if that's a scratch it looks to be down to base coat and that's bad news... if however, it's not too deep and your fingernail doesn't catch in it then you may be able to get rid of it with some Meguiars Scratch X and a foam applicator pad - http://www.waxyclean.co.uk/meguiars-scratchx-2-0.html

Like i said - send a better image of the first pic and i will take a look - or email it to [email protected] :cool:

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Hi again Shrek, the kit looks pretty good to me. the applicators and towels will be fine and i can comment on collinite 915 as i have that. easy to apply, gives a nice shine and plenty of durabilty lasting 2/3 months before having to apply again, also a tin of it will last years.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
You can see white primer in the small swirls.
If the first image is what i think it is then you should be able to remove with a clay bar and/or tar n glue remover but its hard to tell from image.

The scratch if its down to base coat then its a respray for the panel or a nifty self repair with some decent matched paint.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Tom, wasnt sure if detailing could remove it or not. I wondered if I should get some touch up paint and use a very small thin brush and build coats up that way. I just want to get car tip top condition I still have a few greyish blemishes in car paint work which I haven't shown as you can only see them at certain angles

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Thanks Tom, wasnt sure if detailing could remove it or not. I wondered if I should get some touch up paint and use a very small thin brush and build coats up that way. I just want to get car tip top condition I still have a few greyish blemishes in car paint work which I haven't shown as you can only see them at certain angles
machine polishing should remove the defect in the top pic quite easily but as for the bottom you could build up layers of paint so it sits slightly above the surface then wet sand it back and polish

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
'ChipsAway' should be able to fix that scratch pretty cheaply and easily

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any other companies like chipaway around. It appear no franchise in my area they didnt bother to answer two emails I sent them despite saying they reply within 24hours, got fed up of waiting so rang them and then got told they may not be a franchise in my area. Note the word may dont seem to be well organised company at all.

I am sure I seen there vans around my area

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.