2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on installing the H+K Drive+Play this weekend but have run into problems already.

Raldanash had it fitted by the dealer. http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-mp3-players-ice/3387-ipod-integration-potential-solution-6.html

I want my display in the cubby hole too, so i'm totally stealth.

The problem is that the cubby hole is too small. Raldanash says the floor of the cubby has been cut to allow the display to sit lower down.

So, I have two questions.
How can i remove the cubby flap?
If i make a mistake how much is a new cubby?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on, someone must know if the silver flappy flap on the front cubby hole can be removed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seriously?

There's some knowledgeable people on here and i've stumped you all.

Do I get a prize?

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
not sure how to remove the door but I do know the cubby hold box is on back order, as I've stripped out the HK system that was fitted in my car when I bought it and there is a groove where HK display was fitted.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
To get the cubby off is four screws on the back and you can get it out when you take out the centre console to do the wiring.

I'm planning something for a secondary HU by removing the cubby as it is a prefect width for a DIN unit.

Think the door is integrated in to the unit but would probably come off with persuassion.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.

In the end though I've installed the screen above the rear view mirror.
It all works a treat. Near perfect ipod integration, and all for £75.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Thanks.

In the end though I've installed the screen above the rear view mirror.
It all works a treat. Near perfect ipod integration, and all for £75.
does it charge the ipod?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Radio -> Connects2 -> H+K Drive+Play -> Ipod

It charges the ipod.
The HU display doesn't show trasck info, but the H+K screen does.
The steering wheel volume controls still work.

The only problem i've noticed so far is that a smart playlist based on other smart playlists doesn't seem to work. Singular smart playlists do.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Radio -> Connects2 -> H+K Drive+Play -> Ipod

It charges the ipod.
The HU display doesn't show trasck info, but the H+K screen does.
The steering wheel volume controls still work.

The only problem i've noticed so far is that a smart playlist based on other smart playlists doesn't seem to work. Singular smart playlists do.
if you fitted the connects2, how come you could not see the cubby door fittings? - because you would have had to remove the centre console.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Because I wanted to know if the screen would fit before I started taking everything apart.
In the end because there were no replies here I took it apart anyway and found it wouldn't fit without cutting the floor out of the cubby.
Luckily it did fit above the rear view mirror.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts