2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 787 Posts

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a huge amount of pressure from "friends" to do a build thread, I have finally succummed !

But, to be a bit different, will keep the text to a minimum and let the pictures tell the story.......

First mod, Aug 2012....might also be worth noting that I had no intention of doing anything to my car before I joined :civinfo:, and have never modded anything before !

2nd....yellow front fog covers from wanner69....

My memory's a little hazy, so some things may be out of sync, so apologies...

No pics, but next up was a CG 6 paddle clutch & new LuK DMF...

Then a trip to Cornwall to let Celtic work their magic...

The big Yorky Pudding, otherwise known as Shaun Wistow, then offered me a free detail so he could try out some R1NE...

And somewhere along the way the yellow front fog covers morphed into light blue ones ! ;)

That perspex grill had to go...

And the front fog covers seem to be changing colour all by themselves ! ;)

Momo One chrome shift...

Is a tad cold in winter, so you'll need a katsock knob sock ! :D

Next up, EGR valve clean, mucho gracious to Karlos, my bfam...

£13 for the gaskets, an hour of your time, a must for all high mileage 2.2's ! Huge improvement, engine can "breath" properly ! :D

Btw, just so's you all know, my baby was named "Lightning Bolt", LB for short, on account of the amazing transformation the Celtic stage 2 map made. 2nd lot of "Mucho gracious" to Karlos....

Those OEM 5 spoke alloys had to go, decided on a set of these;

Somewhere in between I got a rear sumo decal from coolice and a rear centre brake light decal from gers. Both are top guys, and a pleasure to deal with. In fact, ALL of the civinfo traders that I have dealt with have been top notch; wanner69, MrBozo, gers, coolice, MrJP....I can highly recommend them all.

And I purchased some new plates from Number Plates | Buy Number Plates Online | Number Plates from £11.80, with some chrome surrounds.

Just to keep you on your toes, am gonna throw in the occasional abstract image, I'm a huge Banksy fan...

Next up, if memory serves, was a mad rush to fit :doluck: hoses, :ebc: Yellowstuffs and :motul: RBF600 before my first track day @ Cadwell in April 2013, with Lunar Tick and Staffs Deltic...

Didn't take long for both to pass me, but gave a good account of myself, and got the track day bug. Ain't nothing better than driving your car like you stole it, in safe, controlled conditions. Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on ! ;)

Think I missed out a trip to the Wirral to see my good friend, Wayne, wanner69, who did a full machine detail on LB over 2 days. Needless to say, we had a great night out in between ! :cheers:

Just looking at the pics, wanner detail happened before Cadwell, still had the 5 spokes on ! Oops !

Wayne did a fantastic job on my car, he is a perfectionist, and really knows what he's doing. Paint gauge came out before each panel was polished, to ascertain paint thickness and correct pad and polish. Proper professional. :D

:D

Will have to make this a two part post, is taking me ages finding pics and resizing them......part 2 to follow....and that's where it gets really interesting....! :popcorn2:

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And get so!me of the good pics up, looks nothing like above now !

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Patience dear boy, patience.

If you are lucky, there might be one or or two of Naru, with her bright blue shoes ! :D

·
Alabaster FTW
1,607 Posts
Another alabaster build thread.... Epic, and based on comments above about bloody time!

·
Shake n Bake
810 Posts
Had a little play in LB yesterday :D and I must say there is a noticable difference to mine so with the frs and 18's and Goodyears should bring it a little closer until the fmic and celtic tweek takes yours to another level. I do think the 3 door compared to my 5 door feels lighter and tighter although I'm not taking my rear seats out :p

Great build thread, looking forward to the rest. Might even start a little one of my own soon.

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Early May 2013 I attended a NE meet in Seaham and was fortunate to meet bananas_33 and his splendid car;

He was in the process of putting it back to stock to sell. Talk about right place, right time ! We did a deal and a month later I went back up to Newcastle to get my AAS s/s catback single exit exhaust, colour coded front and rear GP splitters and black skull caps. Really wanted that bonnet, too, but budget wouldn't stretch to it at the time. :(
Cheers Andrew ! :D

Somewhere along the way I acquired a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 AS2's, a front tow hook and yet another set of front fog covers, this time light schmoked with a rising sun decal.....

Painted the calipers with Hammerite silver...

Several meets later, including JapFest @ Donnington and a trip north of the border...

...I found myself @ my new Mecca ! ;)

Eibach Pro Kit, frs and gearbox oil change...

Oh, and some heavy duty Meyle droplinks !

And bumped into my good friend Karlos......beautiful NHB FN3...

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is taking chuffin' ages to put together ! :facepalm:

Sorry peeps.....

Anyone considering doing a build thread I would strongly recommend that you do it as soon as possible....

:popcorn2:

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Lovely car! liking the detailed step updates!

Every thread I read on this forum screams buy a 2.2 diseasel civic at me!

What spec is it by the way? Is it an ex?

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK, so where were we ? Oh yeah, just had my first visit to Stevie's....

Nipped back up to Newcastle to see AAS again and get a custom tiny rear silencer fitted...

I really like the "burble" it now makes....this was @ Oulton in October with Revs FN2 and mark2390...

Then another little get together in the Cumbrian hills with some very good friends...

And was the beginnings of something else...:D :D :D [smilie=hearts.gif]

Did some other bits in between; painted door handles, fuel filler cap and rear centre light panel...

And powder coated the door sills...

Really should have vacced the car before taking these pics, cleaning is NOT one of my strong points ! :p

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now it starts to get interesting.....

Went to see Mr. Wistow for another Shaunyshine...

Who's is that pink FN3 in the background ? ;)

HID upgrade and bonnet, roof and tailgate wrap, courtesy of another good friend, Mattay...

Oops ! :worms: How did that get in there ? :confused: I do like a black mod ! :D

And spyvision on my black skull cap indicators...

Might do the headlights, undecided at the mo...

Also fitted a rear upper strut brace, no pics, sorry....

Then, my winter tour of Scotland, well, the southern bit !

Catching up with some old friends, making some new ones and new boots for LB ! A huge big "Thank you" to RevMonkey, I love the 18" Dares.....

1 - 20 of 787 Posts