2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
161 - 180 of 787 Posts

· Stage 3 Hybrid
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Very busy day yesterday. Couldn't sleep Thursday night due to the anticipation. So glad my buddy, Mark2390, works a night shift !

180mm FMIC, AAS custom pipes, blue hoses, Mikalor clips, Royal Purple High Performance Street 5W-30, full rigid collar set & new Gates fan/alternator belt

N/S rear rigid collar

O/S rear rigid collar

"Look Dad, I'm flying without my boots on !"

Neatly stacked rims, and strategically placed Grinspeed mug ! Stevie's a pro. :)

Ugly duckling without front bumper & GP splitter.

One for Wayne's thread; verticle shot through engine bay.

Small OEM SMIC on right

Grinspeed bottom fixing bracket.....

...fashioned from a "C" spanner !

180mm FMIC

Cable tied pipework, to stop potential knocking

100mm blue hose

Mikalor clips and more cable ties !

Gotta love some shiny toobs ! :)

Outside temperature sensor, back in position.

Had a steady 200 mile drive up to Mo's afterwards. Power delivery and increase from the FMIC is both noticeable, and impressive. Rigid collars have tightened the chassis and removed that damned annoying subframe click ! :p

Another big "Thank you" to Stevie. Another job well done. And he did it all on his own as Lee (Grandad) was off helping Tony Pond rebuild a 6R4 !

MPG seems to have improved a little, too. Usually get 48 @ my "usual" motorway cruising speed. Managed 52.9. Happy days.

Down to Celtic next weekend for my custom map.

March is the month of mods !

· Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Excellent Neil- that looks :cool:

K20/24 fd2.
Pure N/a fun is the honda R DNA

Reactions: messiahontrial

· The Dugs Baws
3,414 Posts
Cable ties ftw.:)
Could have used a colour coded silver one. ;)

Nice additions Neil.

What rigid collar kit did you go for, and have you got polybushes fitted?

Could have mentioned you were coming to the Shire this weekend, could've came down for a meet, but unfortunately I'm going to the "glen of tranquility" later so I won't be fit for much driving tomorrow. ;)

· Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Nice build thread! Always love to se somebody really make use of a 2.2 type S! Gotta say, although i'm not a fan of silver on any car, yours looks very nice indeed!

You've already given me a few extra ideas for my own 2.2 and i will be checking out Grinspeed Motorsports, as i'm only over near Blackburn, so they are only 10miles from me and i'd never heard of them before!

If you're ever in the area, i'd love to check out your car in person, if you wouldn't mind showing it off :p

· Stage 3 Hybrid
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
Could have used a colour coded silver one. ;)

Nice additions Neil.

What rigid collar kit did you go for, and have you got polybushes fitted?

Could have mentioned you were coming to the Shire this weekend, could've came down for a meet, but unfortunately I'm going to the "glen of tranquility" later so I won't be fit for much driving tomorrow. ;)
Rigid collars were sourced by Grinspeed, Brian.

Polybushes are on my "to do" list, along with colour coding the trim and.....sharp intake of breath....a gloss black rear fugen wing !

The latter is likely to result in a domestic ! :eek:

Rear ARB, rear strut brace, lithium battery (if I can find one for the 2.2), tinted rear windows, flared fenders and carbon seats are all on my list, too.

It's just a matter of time, and money !

"Glen of Tranquility" sounds like my kinda place, and am in the Shire on a regular basis, so maybe next time ?

Sent via overworked, overweight & underpaid carrier pigeon

· Stage 3 Hybrid
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
Nice build thread! Always love to se somebody really make use of a 2.2 type S! Gotta say, although i'm not a fan of silver on any car, yours looks very nice indeed!

You've already given me a few extra ideas for my own 2.2 and i will be checking out Grinspeed Motorsports, as i'm only over near Blackburn, so they are only 10miles from me and i'd never heard of them before!

If you're ever in the area, i'd love to check out your car in person, if you wouldn't mind showing it off :p
Thanks for the compliment.

If you want to check my car out, and a good few other excellent FN2/3's, get yourself along to this;

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/englan...rkshire-north-notts-meet-17th-may-2014-a.html

· Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Nice one Neil

Reactions: messiahontrial

· Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Looking good mate can't wait to see it later this year might have to take me out for a little spin.

161 - 180 of 787 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.