2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just want to share that I have recently fitted a new headlight kit after my existing Phillips Nightbreaker headlights failed.

It was my 3rd set of the Nightbreaker bulbs which cost between £20 and £30 depending on where you get them, with each set lasting about 12 months. I have always liked HIDs but not the hassle come MOT time and the sometime overly complicated installation process too.

I contacted Mr JP to see what sort of headlights he was currently stocking and he gave me a couple of options including a new in option of full LED headlight conversion. I have used LED lights on my mountain bike for a few years now and have found night rides through the darkest forests etc fantastic with the fantastic bright white light produced by the LEDs so I was interested immediately.

I decided to give them ago after Mr JP confirmed that unlike retro HID conversions they are currently fully legal and are rated at 50,000 hours lifetime! Some additional key facts include:

*3200 Lumens (3x more than standard bulbs)
*6000K colour temperature (cool white)
*No warm up time, instant on off switching unlike HID's
*Plug and play into existing Honda plug

After a couple of messages back and forth with to Mr JP a package promptly arrived in the post. Unfortunately I took no photos at this stage but can take some later if required. I did however take a few photos of the fitting of the kit (which was very simple and easy) along with a couple of shots of the lights in the day and at night.

I'm extremely pleased I decided to go with these and if they last as long as claimed, then will be an absolute bargain compared to replacing bulbs annually! Plus the light given off is no comparison to standard bulbs - really bright, white light with a nice flood to them too.

The only draw back was that I had to then change my sidelights and main beam as they looked decided yellow and weak in comparison :)

Some pics to follow - hope this is useful to some of you :D

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Sounds good! Would love to see the cut off of the bulbs. Seen some other LED H7s around and the cut off has been well, questionable to say the least.

Looking forward to some pictures!

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some Velcro in the plastic cap to hold the mini converter unit

Auto part

Auto part Vehicle Car Muffler Engine

LED unit fitted

Helmet Electrical wiring Auto part Personal protective equipment Motorcycle helmet

Reactions: jamz05

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry pics are slow uploading - few more to come!

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wire Gas

All clips together and replace the cap

Vehicle Headlamp Automotive lighting Car Light

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Hatchback

Darkness Light Automotive lighting Lighting Night

Light Night Automotive lighting Red Mode of transport

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds good! Would love to see the cut off of the bulbs. Seen some other LED H7s around and the cut off has been well, questionable to say the least.

Looking forward to some pictures!
Hi Jamz, thanks for the reply - what do you mean by cut off? Cheers

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
They look very good indeed, what are we looking at cost wise then? I'd certainly be very interested in doing mine but they don't appear to be listed on here or the Aurora bulbs website at the moment

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Absolutely fantastic Yarters thanks so much for taking the time to upload your feedback.

Glad you are as excited about them as we are.

For everyone else keep an eye on our section - http://www.civinfo.com/forum/aurora-bulbs/

We will be adding these to the site very soon.

We just needed a test vehicle and Yarters was very helpful in volunteering.

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
I'm ready to be corrected, but I think LEDs give a much whiter light, so would be very similar to a 5000k HID.
Post 6, picture 2.

The picture has some blue fringing but then again the camera is programmed to say that what ever it is pointing at is "white", a proper SLR that is calibrated will show the picture a little more blue.

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Will you be doing LED H1's as well?
We will, as well as H11 for foglights and many other fitments to cater for all makes and models.

However although the H7's fit perfectly as excellently demonstrated by Yarters, we are yet to try H1 or H11 on the Civic, it may be plug and play the same or could require a little work because of space constraints.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts