2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

As usual coming for some of your expert advice...

Recently had to replace both of my H7 Bulbs... Used standard Halford lights and although was quite a faff because of the very confined space to actually remove the old ones and put the new ones in I thought I had done it correctly...

However and this is the bit where I probably start to sound very poor in terms of technical description.. I can't help but feel that the beam of light is pointing more towards the sky than the ground.. so much so that I followed someone home the other day and they asked why I had my full beam powerful lights running...

From what I can make out the lights are seated correctly although the clasp gripping them wasn't the easiest to pop back on how severe does misalignment need to be to actually affect the light direction?

I will take another look again in the daylight but I thought id ask to see what peoples view are.

Thank you in advance.
C

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
I have found bulbs fitted incorrectly can cause severe misalignment. If the bulb is sititing too high in the housing, you can see that the beam pattern is awful against a flat wall.

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
You almost certainly have them fitted incorrectly. Probably pinched then bulb base when rehooking the bulb clasp back on so now the bulb does not sit flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you chaps it definitely feels if the beam pattern isn't correct. I will have another look in the day and see if I can see how well they are seated. Do you suggest actually removing the headlight unit itself? ... Its just so tricky to get my hands down where the bulbs sit.

Are garages able to test the beam pattern?

Cheers for your help!

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
Thank you chaps it definitely feels if the beam pattern isn't correct. I will have another look in the day and see if I can see how well they are seated. Do you suggest actually removing the headlight unit itself? ... Its just so tricky to get my hands down where the bulbs sit.

Are garages able to test the beam pattern?

Cheers for your help!
Wouldn't suggest removing the actual Headlight unit as it's more hassle than it's worth really.

Garages can test beam pattern and correct.

·
Dervinator
1,349 Posts
If you read the handbook it tells you how to change the bulbs without skinning your knuckles.

Basically if they are the nearside then unbolt your battery clamp and move the battery over. This gives more room than any other car I've changed bulbs on.

Offside is probably slightly different for Petrol engines but on a derv

1. pull out washer fill nozzle
  2. pull expansion tank off it's rubber locating lugs and lay over to right. You will probably have to pull off the two little pipes to enable you to do this.
Now there is shedloads of room there similar to nearside.

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
What manual is that?

Heck even though i have a R18.

You dont need to do any of that.

Just remove the bulb cap, remove bulb plug, unclip the blub retainer, remove bulb
On the battery side there should really be nothing in the way, on washer bottle side, the A/C Low Pressure line will be a pain in the mik'ta

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The battery side is a bit easier its the opposite site that is more of a Hassle... Thanks though ill have a look at what I can move..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts