2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awright people, how we doing? Well that's me had my M200 just under 4 weeks now and I thought I would share with you my wee list of faults or annoyances. Firsty it's a 2010 with 45k on it and full service history. I want to know if these issues would be covered under its manufacturers warranty.

•Droning/humming noise when pulling away, when the car is cold. I suspect it's transmission related
•Squeaky clutch and brake pedals
•Passengers wing mirror repeater flashing erratically when indicator is on
•Passengers wing mirror folds in slowly to half way or not at all
•Engine jerky when cold
•An insane amount of stone chips on the front bonnet and edges of wings and lower part of front bumper mesh, black paint flaking off (doubt its warranty)

Any one had any dealing with these issues and have Honda fixed them under warranty?

P.S it's still a ****ing awesome motor :D :VTECSMILEY:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Awright people, how we doing? Well that's me had my M200 just under 4 weeks now and I thought I would share with you my wee list of faults or annoyances. Firsty it's a 2010 with 45k on it and full service history. I want to know if these issues would be covered under its manufacturers warranty.

•Droning/humming noise when pulling away, when the car is cold. I suspect it's transmission related
•Passengers wing mirror folds in slowly to half way or not at all
•Engine jerky when cold
•An insane amount of stone chips on the front bonnet and edges of wings and lower part of front bumper mesh, black paint flaking off (doubt its warranty)

Any one had any dealing with these issues and have Honda fixed them under warranty?

Droning/humming when pulling off is the clutch release bearing, not an issue as it goes away when warmed up.

My car is jerky when cold, goes away after the first inital 30secs or so.

Unsure of the rest, clutch might be the pedal or master cylinder.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
you won't get any joy with regards to the paint, but the dealership should look at your other concerns!

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
•Droning/humming noise when pulling away, when the car is cold. I suspect it's transmission related - This is the clutch release bearing issue. Honda probably won't do anything about this as it doesn't affect the car in terms of causing damage.

•Squeaky clutch and brake pedals - Squeaky clutch is probably the master cyclinder and or pedal box - This should be covered and replaced under warranty

•Passengers wing mirror repeater flashing erratically when indicator is on - Sound like an electrical fault - Should be covered under warranty

•Passengers wing mirror folds in slowly to half way or not at all - This is quite a common fault - Search for this on this forum - If you have Honda Warranty they can fix it quite easily.

•Engine jerky when cold - Possibly just a feature of a K20 - Mind has done this i purchased the car two years ago - Could be anything really - Maybe remap with Flashpro?

•An insane amount of stone chips on the front bonnet and edges of wings and lower part of front bumper mesh, black paint flaking off (doubt its warranty) - The stone chips you might have to touch up yourself but paint flaking off should be investigated further. This may be due to some corrosive external element like bird poo or some defect with the paint.

Hope that helps :)

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Not testing your intelligence but are you sure one of your indicator lights aren't out? As for the stone chips haven't we all?, which is why I'm wrapping my bonnet, my car is funny for the first 30secs in the morning. So not to much different to what where all suffering aprt from the folding mirrors.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

Passengers wing mirror folds in slowly to half way or not at all
•Engine jerky when cold

If you're under warranty go back to Honda as that's a well known fault and requires the folding mirror Shut Off Device to be replaced.

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Not testing your intelligence but are you sure one of your indicator lights aren't out?.
I was thinking this, it sounds like either one of the front or rear bulbs is not working causing the others to go off their head.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replys.

Looks like a wee trip to Honda is in order. I take it, I will have to pay a diagnostic charge to have these looked at and diagnosed?

I was thinking this, it sounds like either one of the front or rear bulbs is not working causing the others to go off their head.
Haha come on guys!! Think I'll have to post a video, to prove I'm not that thick lol

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
I have seen another M200 with " black paint flaking off (doubt its warranty) " on the wing mirror covers, if they dont repair this the new wing mirror covers a quiet cheap from memory 30 to 40 quid or the other option is wrap them in black gloss

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I've just had the same problem with the wing mirrors ( stopping upon closing ) fixed under warranty. They said they replaced relays!!??

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Wait till your mugen # sticker near the gearstick peels off revealing a standard type R plaque
This always makes me laugh, i have a mugen.

No mate you have mugen front and rear splitters and a grill.

The rest of your car is exactly the same as every other cw type r, placing a sticker over the orig plaque is shocking!!!

·
regrets his username
7,974 Posts
This always makes me laugh, i have a mugen.

No mate you have mugen front and rear splitters and a grill.

The rest of your car is exactly the same as every other cw type r, placing a sticker over the orig plaque is shocking!!!

That's another thing that annoys me with Honda they don't come with a Mugen grille they come with the champ white grille

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
That's another thing that annoys me with Honda they don't come with a Mugen grille they come with the champ white grille
Pahahahahahahaha!!!! So just the splitters??

Imo, the m200 alloys are ugly as hell. Look like they were option upgrade for es,ex and se.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pahahahahahahaha!!!! So just the splitters??

Imo, the m200 alloys are ugly as hell. Look like they were option upgrade for es,ex and se.

Haha each to their own mate. IMO the wheels on the M200 are epic and I wouldn't buy a standard FN2 as they just don't look that good anymore. Even an M200 next to a CW, I'd take the M200 all day long!!!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Haha each to their own mate. IMO the wheels on the M200 are epic and I wouldn't buy a standard FN2 as they just don't look that good anymore. Even an M200 next to a CW, I'd take the M200 all day long!!!
Lmao!!!! You'd choose a cw type r over a cw type r??? :confused:

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol I don't know if your a bit thick but have you seen a stock CW FN2 parked next to an M200? There not the same are they?..... Nope didnt think so ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts