2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i can certanly say its not been the car i expected it to be...............
I thought this car was going to give me miles of trouble free motoring but it hasnt.
Here is a list of warrenty repairs to date.
1) Bonnet and wings resprayed twice
2) Front shocks replaced
3) seal at bottom of windscreen replaced
4) passenger door re-aligned
5) rear seat catches replaced
6)Dash vibration (on going)
7) Dash rev counter plastics repaced
However this car puts a :) on my face every time i drive it, i have all rev lights on at least once a week , she handels like a dream i get 39mpg (not the 41 the car thinks its doing) .
I must say that having read this forum daily since my purchase i think i must use the best stealers Lancaster (cox) Honda i ring up book her in pick up courtesy car (jazz) and a free fresh coffee , they ring me when car is ready always washed off and hovered inside (banned from touching dash though) very very impressed.
Would i buy another? Yes every time.
I havent changed much about the car apart from blue interior lights and installed footwel lighting thanks wiki.OH and the civifo stickers pride of place either side of the back windows
The best bit is this site no back biting , great info .
By the way theres going to be a complete recall later this month.............................................................................................
I will post another thred with details but might aswell mention it on here , its something to do with the drivers door catch , when you pull the handle from the inside occasionaly it does not fully release ( never happened to me ) causing you to bang your head on the door as you expect it to open, anyway dealer informed me of a recall to all new shape civic's .
The dealer has also informed me of another fact , there is never going to be any form of upgrade for the i shift purchased before March 2007, or so dealer tells me.
Anyway im one very satisfied customer.:):):):)

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Good review IRC,

Well balanced, I like the fact that you are satisfied despite the problems. Hope they will not continue in the same extent.

Why the resprays?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Rick, nice review, where are u based as i live in Lancaster and havnt seen any bronze type s about, I have the red type s with roof bars (only 1 Ive seen so far with OEM bars). How are you getting on with the dash rattles as mine does this as well, I am saving up a load of things for when I get my first service including scratched dash. I agree, Lancaster Honda is a good dealership as they have pretty much always looked after me, with possibly the odd hicup but no ones perfect!

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi all yes it was i shrimpman spotted wondered why there was a type r always behind me (ha ha i wish), when i purchased her all seemed fine she was getting a bit dirty so i took her round to valeters for a wash and polish , it was the valeter that pointed out tiny little pin prick marks on wings and bonnet he woulnt have noticed them if he hadnt of polished it , so lancaster honda agreed it needed re-spraying and did so but the pin prick marks re-apeared bout only some of them , the only thing we could put it down to was some form of silicon in the base paint , so they took it back and did it again and now all is fine and its been that well buffed i must have the shineyest bonnet in the land .Jon TypeS my partner and my self live part time in the millrace

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi Rick, nice review, where are u based as i live in Lancaster and havnt seen any bronze type s about, I have the red type s with roof bars (only 1 Ive seen so far with OEM bars). How are you getting on with the dash rattles as mine does this as well, I am saving up a load of things for when I get my first service including scratched dash. I agree, Lancaster Honda is a good dealership as they have pretty much always looked after me, with possibly the odd hicup but no ones perfect!

i have seen a red type S with roof bars locally( they do look quite good & suit the car)
i will look out for you again:)

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
not much to moan about lol.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Topcat, how on earth do you manage 39mpg? isnt that a near miracle? ive got an ishift type s gt, and it does 30.6 mpg over 900 miles, one month's use mostly urban. I havent dared to put my foot down and have all the lights up on the rev counter yet.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I work about 7 mins from home on White Lund Estate so no motorway for me

Shrimpman who do you work for with my regular visits to Honda and the valeters (Prestige) i dont think ive ever seen your ctr .

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ah well heres an update took car back to honda for rattles,vibration from dash apparently they now think its the windscreen seal so its re booked in but atleast she has had drivers door handel mod . im still happy:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys this is lancaster honda read the post about oil letter, the oil used is mobil fuel saver oil. the figures they quote are from mobil they advised us about the savings so we let you know and then its up to you if you take the offer .they say over two years you could save £440 the oil gives 3.8% increase in fuel consumption.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts