2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I'm enjoying it so far, I've got a 2.2 SE in Cosmic Grey, not blueish silver as described by the dealer!

It was only while looking around this forum (which is great btw) that I realised it was different.

Whilst I'm on about the dealer, I found out at the weekend that one of the tyres had the emergency repair kit used on it and was never repaired/replaced:mad:, this after nearly a week of driving with a baby in the car and exceeding the recommended limit of 50mph.

When I viewed this car I could see there wasn't enough air in the tyre, so I assumed it would just be a punture, and asked them to fix it before it was collected, they have obviously just stuck some air in the tyre without bothering to check for damage.

Its going back tomorrow as I want them to reimburse the cost of the new tyre I got from my local tyre place, I reckon its the very least they should do.

Anyway other than this I'm happy with it so far:D

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
First of all welcome to Civinfo.:D

Glad to hear that you love the car but sorry to hear about your dealers customer service skills. Let's hope you can get it all sorted satisfactorily with the dealer.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Hi and welcome to civinfo. :)

The fact you have unknowingly been driving around with a tyre full of foam because they never picked up on that before you took delivery, is quite bad to be honest. I hope they recognise this fact and sort it out to your satisfaction.

Glad you are enjoying the car otherwise though ;)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Thats unforgivable, even more so since your baby was in the car. I would be seriously P*ssed off at the dealer....name and shame

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have a problem naming them, Machargs south st. Glasgow, owned by Arnold Clark who aren't exactly know for their good customer service

Machargs said this morning that without the original tyre they wouldn't be able to refund me the cost of the new tyre, my argument is still they should never have let a customer leave their premises with an repair kit fitted to a tyre, if you don't know its there its dangerous.

They are across from Phoenix Honda, they seem to have a good rep, but just too expensive at about £2k dearer for the same car. I will be going there for servicing and parts though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts