2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..at Surrey rolling road yesterday, with a good result with a standard FN2 (bar Invidia cat back exhaust) :)

going to stick NA and aim for around 240bhp with the right mods..

:)

·
UKDM
779 Posts
Good results kev :thumbsup: must be cos its NHB

What mods are you thinking? I'm chasing 230 and trying to keep it legal and quiet-ish hoping manifold, airbox with feed and custom map might get me close.

Reactions: -kev-

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Good results kev :thumbsup: must be cos its NHB

What mods are you thinking? I'm chasing 230 and trying to keep it legal and quiet-ish hoping manifold, airbox with feed and custom map might get me close.
Same here! Although medium sound fine for me so going HKS RSK, Tegiwa catback, catted manifold and custom map. 230 would be great but think I will be more like 220-225 bhp.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Same here! Although medium sound fine for me so going HKS RSK, Tegiwa catback, catted manifold and custom map. 230 would be great but think I will be more like 220-225 bhp.
If your trying to get the best gains you can why are you going for an intake that suffers from heat soak and therefore doesn't make as good gains as other intakes on the market?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
If your trying to get the best gains you can why are you going for an intake that suffers from heat soak and therefore doesn't make as good gains as other intakes on the market?

Sound over 1 bhp, and a few days ago I drove with 30 degrees over ambient for 1-2 seconds with my RSK, no heat soak at all and I didn't feel any power loss either. It cant be that bad, I havn't seen anyone that actually mentioned that they self have had any problems, just reporting others problems which I havn't seen either.

But I agree, for best performance I wouldnt choose it.

Good results there otherwise! :D

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Sound over 1 bhp, and a few days ago I drove with 30 degrees over ambient for 1-2 seconds with my RSK, no heat soak at all and I didn't feel any power loss either. It cant be that bad, I havn't seen anyone that actually mentioned that they self have had any problems, just reporting others problems which I havn't seen either.

But I agree, for best performance I wouldnt choose it.

Good results there otherwise! :D
But you will notice that many members who run big power used to have a hks and have changed for another intake. It's not a bad intake but if your after good gains I don't understand why it's being mentioned

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers :)
plans are for FD2 cams, flashpro, manifold w/sports cat, smoothed airbox and better intake pipe and panel filter maybe FD2 or similar throttle body as well..

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
plans are for FD2 cams, flashpro, manifold w/sports cat, smoothed airbox and better intake pipe and panel filter maybe FD2 or similar throttle body as well..
sounds good, take a look at Hybrid Racing CAI, from what I've read it seems to be the best one performance wise? Or havnt I read enough :D

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
don't think there really is a 'best' tbh. im going for function rather than form too :)
AlexB on here has the intake set up im going for on his FD2 and it sounds the dogs :D

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
sounds good, take a look at Hybrid Racing CAI, from what I've read it seems to be the best one performance wise? Or havnt I read enough :D
It's on par with the Skunk2 which is what I have just ordered. Only benefit of the hybrid racing intake is it has something in it to stop hydro lock but the intake itself isn't available yet

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
J35 throttle body is what your after but that's only worthwhile if you are getting a different intake manifold.

Flashpro is a must. I have a smoothed airbox with 83mm piping being fed by a driven crazy scoopin but I've ordered the Skunk2 intake to replace it

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
8th Gen Cold Air Intake by Hybrid Racing (K-Series 06-11 Civic Si) | Hybrid Racing

24th May they say. It´s not so expensive either. Also I´ve heard that the Skunk2 intake is really hard to install?
The Skunk2 does take some alterations to make it fit but as the Skunk2 and the hybrid racing intake are both designed for the American 8th gen I can almost guarantee that the hybrid racing intake will be just as hard to install as the skunk2

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
The Skunk2 does take some alterations to make it fit but as the Skunk2 and the hybrid racing intake are both designed for the American 8th gen I can almost guarantee that the hybrid racing intake will be just as hard to install as the skunk2

Okey, cheers :) Well, if I ever wake up rich and have the money for new cams etc, then I´d change for either HR or Skunk2, maybe tomorrow, who knows :)

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Okey, cheers :) Well, if I ever wake up rich and have the money for new cams etc, then I´d change for either HR or Skunk2, maybe tomorrow, who knows :)
I'm pretty much starting from scratch. Got my j35 tb then got an rrc and ordered my skunk2 intake. Getting my manifold and exhaust later on in the year then getting it all mapped.

Planning on cams, balance shaft delete kit and Skunk2 tb next year probably

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Hks was for some gains but great VTEC sound.

Still not 100% and may consider others. Although not big money ones. And not anything with even the smallest risk of hydro lock. Doesn't leave many options.

Had thought about tegiwa but read that doesn't make much more power than oem with modded box and extra air feeds?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts