2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Silent Assassin
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this something that could be buffed out with a polisher?

had a smart repair done to the boot yesterday, and have noticed a small hair, I know the easy option is to take it back, but if it can be polished out I may just pay someone to do that.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Is this something that could be buffed out with a polisher?

had a smart repair done to the boot yesterday, and have noticed a small hair, I know the easy option is to take it back, but if it can be polished out I may just pay someone to do that.

Cheers
+1 For taking it back

I had a "Smart Repair" done by Chipsaway on a dent and I had it done 6 times before I asked for my money back and took it elsewhere..... The work was just rubbish

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
+1 For taking it back

I had a "Smart Repair" done by Chipsaway on a dent and I had it done 6 times before I asked for my money back and took it elsewhere..... The work was just rubbish
+2 for taking it back

·
Silent Assassin
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would take it back, but i really cant be bothered with the hastle that comes with getting it all resprayed again, then noticing more problems, then taking it back lol.

Not to mention getting the overspray off the windows :-/

They have done an excellent job in masking the damage to the paint as you wouldnt know any work had been done if it wasnt for the 2 little hairs.

I'm gonna take a trip to auto finesse on monday and see if they can wet sand it out, the paint thickness should be quite good in the area as its where they blended it in.

I havent actually shown anyone how small the hair is as they will laugh at me :p

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
If it's that small then a little light rubbing of farecla g3 compound may remove it without damaging the paint.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
I havent actually shown anyone how small the hair is as they will laugh at me
I bet i wouldnt. ;)
Doesnt matter how minor the problem may seem....the fact is you know about it and will always notice/be looking for it, so you will never be truly happy until you get it fixed.
From what you say, im certain it would bug the **** out of me if it was on my car. :(

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
If you've paid the money I really would get them back to do a better job.

When I had mine done the first 4 times the paint bubbled as the filler had moisture in it, the next time because it had been painted 4 previous times you could feel the different depth of paint compared to the rest of the panel and the final time the panel he painted had all "fish eyes" in it. He did try and wet sand them out but I could spot all the imperfections and I knew it would drive me nuts, hence me getting it done again in a real bodyshop (cost me twice as much as Chipsaway)

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
take it back you paid for a good job get a good job

·
Silent Assassin
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gonna take it back to the dealer tomorrow so they can have a look at it.

Auto Finesse said it was under the clear coat and also pointed out some other hairs I hadn't noticed lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts