2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped into Halfords yesterday and got looking at the Pure Highway 400 as an option to allow me to stream music from my phone, and also open up DAB radio.

Apparently they’ll install it for £30, which will include routing all the cabling behind the relevant panels, and also hardwire it into the fuse board, so as to avoid having to use the cigarette lighter.

It seems a good deal in terms of the installation fee, but does anyone have any experience of the quality Halfords’ installations? I don’t want to end up with a butchered dashboard!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've had component speakers fitted by them on a different car. Got in the car and the left tweeter wasn't working. However, they fixed it immediately. Been fine for the rest of time we had the car for. (The tweeter had dropped out of its mounting location).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’d recommend getting a fully fitted bundle from Halfords unless you are looking to get the wires and new fascia yourself, as these can be pricey through Halfords. They will also charge extra to keep the screen with the clock working and your steering controls. Hope this helps - I’ve used Halfords and have no complaints, a lot easier than messing around myself fitting one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts