2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
A litre of Mobil 1 0-20 ESP is currently £10.52 at cox,albeit you have to factor delivery. I wonder if they have a trade counter/pick up point there?

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
I just bought 2 tubs of oil from halfords both castroll edge 1 for a bike and 1 for my civic
halfords trade card reduced them to under £30 each for 4ltr tubs
very happy with that price

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,239 Posts
I just bought 2 tubs of oil from halfords both castroll edge 1 for a bike and 1 for my civic
halfords trade card reduced them to under £30 each for 4ltr tubs
very happy with that price
But the 1.6 takes 4.7ltrs if you're changing the Oil Filter too :laugh2: Selling it in 4ltr tubs is a blatant rip off as the extra ltr you require is proportionally more expensive...

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
But the 1.6 takes 4.7ltrs if you're changing the Oil Filter too :laugh2: Selling it in 4ltr tubs is a blatant rip off as the extra ltr you require is proportionally more expensive...
its better than the 6 ltrs the 2.2 use to take
still got 2 ltrs left over from last 2.2 oil change

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,239 Posts
its better than the 6 ltrs the 2.2 use to take
still got 2 ltrs left over from last 2.2 oil change
I suppose it is... I bought a bulk 20ltrs drum to cover 4 services and am still left over with 1.2ltrs if my maths serves me correct... Will also come in as the perfect old oil storage once I use the rest. The 2.2 did take a fare whack of oil ie almost 6ltrs but the Oil Filter was a piece of pee to change being on the top of the engine. I still use the same filter removal tool for the 1.6 but you have to dig to get to it via removal of the service cover.

·
Enjoying life
8,529 Posts
I got 5 litres of shell helix ultra from ecp for £21.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts