Well, It seems like it's about time to introduce myself and my car. Haven't actually made a welcome thread
As per my profile and the forum section, I've got a 9th Gen Civic - A "1.4" (Actually 1339cc!) that I bought in 2017, right at the very end of the production run - Steering clear of the character of the early 10G models
The Civic was chosen for the incredibly low insurance cost - Only ~1.2K for my first year of driving at 18, living on the outskirts of London. Not bad! That's since dropped to £750 with 2 years NCB. - For first year comparison, the only car that could match for insurance costs was the Kia Picanto!
Since purchase, I've put about 25K miles on - It's taken me to Germany, where I've discovered the cars virtues as a camper (And that it can go 120mph - Better than the manufacturer stated 114! > ) as well as plenty of fun drives around the UK and Wales.
I've been very impressed with the handling and comfort from standard; Handling is very competent and confidence inspiring.
Now, being a wayward youth, I'd of course need to make a few tweaks - Even if it's already the coolest car in the college car park
For a list of what's done so far...
Styling & Lighting (Interior & Exterior)
- Custom sill plates - Soon to be replaced with some illuminating items!
- LED reversing lights
- LED numberplate lights
- LED Interior lights
- LED H7 High beam
- HID H7 Dip beam
- Rickhondar's LED RGB footwell lights
- PWJDM Tow hook
- Lots of stickers!
- KolourKoncept alcantara gear gaiter
- Light smoke foglight protectors
- Acuity shifter base bushings
- Acuity shifter linkage bushings
- Skunk2 titanium billet shift knob
- Acuity shifter boot collar
- Eibach pro street-s lowering springs
- Honda connect RC8 Update; Rooted for custom app installation!
- Hardwired Blackvue Powermagic Pro + Rexing front & rear dashcam (When I can get it working!)
- K&N Panel Filter
- Mugen reservoir sock
- Domo reservoir sock
- Smooth and paint brake callipers
- EBC Yellowstuff pads
- MTEC Grooved discs
- A GT wing >
- Injen Intake kit - This is on order!
- Rear ARB
- Front strut brace
- Bilstein B8 Dampers
- LED Underglow - I've got it ready to go on - Just need to figure the how!
- Dream splitter
- Alcantara wheel re trim
- Powdercoating alloys
- Kenwood underseat sub to go under rear seats
- Coloured wheel arches
- Acuity throttle pedal spacer (Waiting for UK suppliers!)
- Rear passenger window tinting (Booked!)
- OSRAM LED fog lights
- FK2 CTR Seats
- Carbon bonnet
- Powerflex bushings (Waiting for them to be released for the 9G!)