2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the sad passing of Paul, My 1.4 9th Gen at the hands of an Armco barrier and lots of understeer, I determined that the only way was up (And so did the insurance prices :) )

Presenting my slight upgrade; Clifford the big red car.

@Wilmo - Here it is!

It didn't take long - I've already fitted LED Rear indicators, reversing and brake lights - I also fitted the new number plates last night! :)

·
Premium Member
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What bulbs did you get?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
OSRAM premium retrofit bulbs, except the indicators, which are from classicarleds, as they have LEDs with inbuilt resistors to prevent hyper flashing.

Bulb sizes are as per the manual.

I have tested osram and classiccarleds T10 Amber sidemarkers, but neither have been better than the halogens in terms of colour / general look. I've got a full led unit inbound!

This video shows all the bulbs fitted; driver / right side is LED, left side is halogens.

The only one which makes a poor showing in the video is the brake light - in reality it is far brighter than the halogen, and comes on instantly which is more important! Tapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File VID-20200117-WA0022.mp4

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
It is - a year old, but only 970 miles on the clock!

Came with the exterior carbon pack too; it had been parked inside the dealership on display!

Well that's good and not so good. The not so good part meaning possibly at the mileage may still need to hold back a little with the right foot!

·
Premium Member
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been keeping that in mind, fortunately with the weather at the moment and lessons learned from the previous incident there hasn't been much opportunity to go pedal to the metal.

That said, I have taken a few opportunities to ensure the full rev range is used - don't want to break in a wimp!

·
Super Moderator
3,580 Posts
I had a test drive in a 10G one,:D but only after I had ordered my Prestige. They wouldn't let me have a go before then. Bonus prise for shelling out on a new car I guess.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
A nice step up that! (y)

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Nice. now behave in this one.. lol if its possible.

·
Registered
52 Posts
that number plate is a bit of a give away of your intentions when you get it run in properly :)
your going to get plenty of challenges with that

1 - 20 of 46 Posts