2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Bye from the plates, means bye bye when you pass the other cars on the road????

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G930F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
That didn't stay stock for long...

I've fitted the acuity pedal spacer, extracted from the wreckage of the last civic!

I've set up with position B for now, and whilst I haven't taken it for a drive yet, it's much easier to heel and toe on the drive, as expected, and the throttle is in a generally more comfortable position.

I notice using the throttle gauge on the gauge cluster 100% is a little way before the floor. Perhaps I'll be able to get 120% power?

I've also placed an order for another set of LED side markers, hopefully with better fitment than the last.

As well as another mod to keep me busy tonight, some Hella horns. Hopefully a straightforward fitment!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Meep meep is now Honk honk!

I've fitted some Hella horns in place of the standard devices.
Very quick and easy - Only took ~30 minutes all in!

They sound a bit more appropritate, and they've got a nice red look behind the grille. I ended up getting some regular snail horns, but I may upgrade to full supertones in the future if the mood takes me :)

For anyone interested in doing it yourself, All you'll need is:

• Two pin horn adapter (The most common connector on aftermarket horns; Makes this a plug and play)
  • 12mm Ratchet
  • Trim tools, to ease removal of the fog-grille
  • Microfibre / soft cloth to rest grille on
  • Horns of your choice!
The best resource to reference is here - With a Type R, Just reach into the side ducts, and feel for the flexible plastic sections - Pull them forwards and it'll pop out. I used the trim tools to tease the other connectors out - You'll also want one for the little pop clip at the bottom.

Pop the cloth on the floor, and you can place the grille on it without removing the parking sensor connector.

(These are the aftermarket horns)

Once inside, there is a 12mm for the first horn; Remove and disconnect the connector.

Once the firs horn is off, Just remove the next 12mm - That will disconnect horn 2 and the horn bracket.

Get the brackets lined up to fit on the new horns, connect to the connectors and pop back in! - Easy!

Don't forget the test toot before you pop the grille back in :D

I think some full-on supertones would look a little cooler...

·
Registered
16 Posts
What LED sidemarkers did you get? I am after some myself.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
What LED sidemarkers did you get? I am after some myself.
That would ruin the suprise!

The ones from Ebay, Despite being £50 (!) were a very poor fit, so they're on their way back.
I've tried amber OSRAM LEDs and amber ClassicCarLEDs bulbs, but neither had the best result:- I've got another marker unit on the way now; I'll let you know once it's fitted if it looks the part :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
That would ruin the suprise!

The ones from Ebay, Despite being £50 (!) were a very poor fit, so they're on their way back.
I've tried amber OSRAM LEDs and amber ClassicCarLEDs bulbs, but neither had the best result:- I've got another marker unit on the way now; I'll let you know once it's fitted if it looks the part :)
Thank you, look forward to the next update!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Whilst I wait for the storm to pass, I've had a few of my new parts come in!

The Pipercross filter and a Type R Alumium cut dead pedal have both arrived, pending installation:- Further to that, not content with the Hella Trumpet horns, I've managed to pick up a pair of Supertones on discount from the Amazon warehouse thanks to a dented box. Horns are mint, so as soon as it stops tipping down they'll be going in!

I'll most likely also switch the factory EFB Battery for the AGM Battery I bought late last year for my previous car - Higher CCA, AH And deep-cycle tolerance - Not to mention I get a vibe that the year of sitting at the dealer hasn't done the standard battery any favours!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Don't blame you enjoy while you can life is short.
I would of had one next if it wasn't for getting married last year in Thailand I also aquired an 8 yr old stepdaughter, a lot of things to sort out but they should be coming over next year.
I'm not doing bad though my mortgage is paid off and I got a 17 reg 1.5 sport which I'm happy with.

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Mission accomplished!
I took advantage of the lull in the storm last night to swap in the Hella Supertones (Wow!) and the Pipercross panel filter. I tried to get the battery in, but unfortunately it's a smidge too large for the tray - I did take the opportunity to clean up the terminals slightly and add some grease.

The panel filter sounds great:- There's a very clear 🤧 when you let off, even with only 0.1 Bar of boost built. There's a generally nice note to the engine too, though I haven't stood outside / played with static revving yet.

On to the tooters - I love it!
The supertones have a higher pitch than the Hella trumpets they replace, but they are VERY loud - Standing in front of the car, they are above the pain threshold. Perfect! :devilish:

I saved the foot plate so I've got something to do tonight :)

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Only just found this thread. Enjoy your new car , you lucky **** !
As mentioned by other posters-- life is short, so enjoy it while you can, and try to keep this one on the road !

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Right!

Not to be slowed (Har har) I've picked up some more sidemarkers, this time from Unity performance in Canada.

Much better fitment than the Ebay items (Which, On investigation, seem to be Optix / clones of Optix units, which are quite popular in the US.) - They fit better than the OEM ones too! There's now no wobble in the units at all, which I was getting with the OEM units.

They're not as bright as the bulbs, or the Ebay markers, but the diffusion of the light and the clear outline makes them look far better.

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-14 at 21.01.15.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-02-14 at 18.53.14.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Nearly forgot!

The new dead pedal has also gone in - Looking the part now! (Yes, Hoovering soon :p )
It isn't wildly off center; Thats' just a trick of vision as it's on the raised ridges of the OEM Dead pedal.

And, For anyone interested -The fitting of the Hella Supertones in the front grille. These look far better than the trumpets they replaced:- There's just a slight hint of them through the grille.

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I'm thinking about getting one: How do you mount/fix it? Does everything necessary come with the pedal?
Yes, Couldn't be easier!

Just clean the dead pedal, and then there is pre-applied 3M Tape on the back of the part - Peel off the cover, and stick straight on.

On my previous civic, It did come loose after a couple of years; I just used some spray adhesive on the dead pedal to get a permanent stick.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts