2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post to say how amazed I am at how well the car has been handling, accelerating, braking and generally driving in the ridiculous wet conditions we've had over the last couple of weeks!

Helped by a combination of:

Lightweight 18s
Toyo Proxes T1-Rs all round
Wavetrac LSD
TDi North fast road set up
Eibach springs

I've been astonished at how all these small changes have added up to make a big difference!

I'm one happy owner right now! :D

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
Good times mate :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
mines awful, constantly sliding and vsa kicks in all the time. car came with 2 different budget tyres and not had the money to replace yet. i bet by the time i get new ones the rain disapears! still have the bridgestones on the back and they look barley worn (21k 09reg)

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys I forgot to add: vsa switched off!

Ash I had terrible tyres on when I bought the car, still plenty of tread on them but really old and cracked and zero grip. Totally ruined the car. New rubber gave it a completely different personality!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
mines awful, constantly sliding and vsa kicks in all the time. car came with 2 different budget tyres and not had the money to replace yet. i bet by the time i get new ones the rain disapears! still have the bridgestones on the back and they look barley worn (21k 09reg)
I still have my original bridgestones on the rear(09 also but only 11k) and they still have 5mm ish left but they are cracked and are as hard as hell and will be coming off in the next few days.

·
UKDM
779 Posts
My 07 plate with 40k still has its original bridgestones on the rear but they are degrading so need to come off sharpish

·
I-VTEC everyday ;)
562 Posts
why don't you swap them around? It's better to have a grippy front than rear

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
why don't you swap them around? It's better to have a grippy front than rear
I would prefer a grippy rear.
The front is easier to catch if it slides where as the back is not easy.

·
Registered
131 Posts
same here when i got my CTR they were on bridgestones and after a couple off months off owning the beast from the east i decided too take then off and replace them all with Falken wheich i got recommended b some off you guys and ever since im pleased just need too get some EiBach springs too get the handling a bit better!!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I would prefer a grippy rear.
The front is easier to catch if it slides where as the back is not easy.
Putting crap tyres on the wheels that do all the steering and breaking is asking for trouble.

FWD cars will understeer long before the back loses grip. Unless you like lifting mid corner you wont be able to oversteer your car.

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Putting crap tyres on the wheels that do all the steering and breaking is asking for trouble.

FWD cars will understeer long before the back loses grip. Unless you like lifting mid corner you wont be able to oversteer your car.
That depends on the tyres though.
I lost the rear of my old focus st a few times while the front was solid. Changed the good tyres to the rear while i waited on new ones arriving and the car was much easier to drive in the wet.

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Get the eibach 15mm spacers and that will make it grip even more in the wet
My wheels are 8.5 wide so don't think I can run spacers too!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts