·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know the PDF is on here somewhere but the search is not my friend today!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Not sure where it is - but to insert an external link, just type the link! To do the fancy bit where text appears in place of the link do this:

Code:
[http://www.website.com/path/file.htm The text for this link]
Easy!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep in on here somewhere!! :D had another PDF with it that was in ?French?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I had the mod done on mine a few months ago and it's not made the slightest bit of difference. I have to shout to be heard and the voice recognition rarely gets things right. I have gone back to my bluetooth headset.

This is a known problem and the bodge.... I mean mod is just Honda grabbing at straw's to resolve this issue.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had the mod done on mine a few months ago and it's not made the slightest bit of difference. I have to shout to be heard and the voice recognition rarely gets things right. I have gone back to my bluetooth headset.

This is a known problem and the bodge.... I mean mod is just Honda grabbing at straw's to resolve this issue.
Sounds like you have another problem with your mic! Once they made this fix to mine a 2 colugues Civics it made all the differance

I would say book it in again with your dealer. Why not find a nice bit of open road and call from the car doing 60 and try and book it in. They then will understand the problem. Might get your point accross

·
Registered
463 Posts
Sounds like you have another problem with your mic! Once they made this fix to mine a 2 colugues Civics it made all the differance

I would say book it in again with your dealer. Why not find a nice bit of open road and call from the car doing 60 and try and book it in. They then will understand the problem. Might get your point accross
Now that's a great idea. I'll do that.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,257 Posts
Sorry to drag this thread back up...............

I have the factory fix to this quiet HFT problem with the very thin black cover over the microphone.

On the few occasions I have used the phone the response has been that I sound very quiet and 'a few hundred miles away'.

The fix as I understand it was designed to close the gap between the mic and the grill on the cover to reduce background noise from inside the roof assembly. I found it very hard to believe that such a thin piece of EPT was going to do that.

My fix was to get a very pliable piece of foam (1cm thick) and I cut it to the dimensions in the wiki article. Instead of cutting 2 small rectangles out as per the wiki I cut a single rectangular slot in the centre as it was easier.

I have been told that the result is chalk and cheese and that I am now as clear as a bell.

Fortunately the material they have used over the mic is like mild velcro when foam touches it so double sided tape wasn't required.

Proper Job :)

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Am having this looked at next week at the dealers it's going in for the screen recall really but have told them to look into the HFT problem.
Will wait and see but if no better will do as you have

cheers Kremmen

1 - 15 of 15 Posts