2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else had this?

I have found that sometimes when I switch the car off & remove the key, my phone is still in HFT mode? On my phone I had to disable bluetooth & re-enable it to get my phone to work again.

On another occasion, I unlocked my Civ & started to load up my luggage, key still in pocket, & suddenly the car spoke to me about an incoming call but when I answered it there was no audio.

Mmm, strange... :confused:

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
if the phone is in use, (or, I think, recently been in use), it stays connected to the HFT for 10 mins (or until you walk out of range) when you turn the engine off.

This is to allow you to park up at Tescos, turn the engine off, and still continue the conversation via HFT :) (rather than having to fumble the phone out of your pocket / breifcase / boot)

The down side is that if you want to walk away and carry on talking, until you get 20m or so away the other person is still talking via the Civic speakers...

One of those situtations which wouldn't be perfect whichever way Honda had done it :(

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
You should be able to answer the handset and get the audio without using the HFT, I know you can with mine, maybe its a phone thing, what Handset you got?

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought the "Transfer" voice command would be appropriate for use before turning off the engine, or have it transfer the call to the phone only when the engine is switched off.

The phone I'm using is a XDA Mini.

Really my main confusion is how I can unlock the car for the 1st time that day, open the boot & find that a call has come in that I can do nowt with. Surely the hands-free should only kick in when you put the key in or turn on??

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
On another occasion, I unlocked my Civ & started to load up my luggage, key still in pocket, & suddenly the car spoke to me about an incoming call but when I answered it there was no audio.

Mmm, strange... :confused:

PS - how did you answer the call?
Pressing the answer button on the phone, should, I think, have given you audio through the phone - but I've not tried this...

As RR said, might be a phone dependant thing - possibly it got confused about which way to route the audio - phone or HFT?

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Answered by using the phone but no audio in car (car switched off) & phone silent too although the call counter was counting away. Just amazed the car even registered the call without the keys in the ignition...

·
Registered
172 Posts
if the phone is in use, (or, I think, recently been in use), it stays connected to the HFT for 10 mins (or until you walk out of range) when you turn the engine off.

This is to allow you to park up at Tescos, turn the engine off, and still continue the conversation via HFT :) (rather than having to fumble the phone out of your pocket / breifcase / boot)

The down side is that if you want to walk away and carry on talking, until you get 20m or so away the other person is still talking via the Civic speakers...

One of those situtations which wouldn't be perfect whichever way Honda had done it :(
A simple solution to this is:

When you want to transfer the call back to your mobile phone. Press the "Talk" button on your steering wheel and say the word, "Transfer". This then transfers the on-going conversation from the HFT to the mobile device. The good thing about this system is that it works the other way too - try it!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
A simple solution to this is:

When you want to transfer the call back to your mobile phone. Press the "Talk" button on your steering wheel and say the word, "Transfer". This then transfers the on-going conversation from the HFT to the mobile device. The good thing about this system is that it works the other way too - try it!
good call :D

I'd forgotten about that :oops:

which is even more of an :oops: cos that's exactly what I did last time, and it worked a treat :D

Caffine - need caffine! :oops::rolleyes::oops:

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So how do you stop the car grabbing a phone call when unlocked but not even with the key in the ignition? mmm...

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
is there a possibility that it was still paired from previously?

certainly when I get in the car in the morning it doesn't pair up until the ignition is on.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is there a possibility that it was still paired from previously?

certainly when I get in the car in the morning it doesn't pair up until the ignition is on.
Don't see how. The car had not been "powered-up", just unlocked, the tailgate opened, a baby buggy & a case put in the boot & hey presto, a phone call. Keys were in my pocket. Overnight my phone had been about 15 metres away from the car, on the 1st floor of my house.

Spooky - wondered what the hell was happening & whether I was hearing things, but there was a call on the screen of my phone which I answered using the phone keys when there was no response from the car's call answer button - nothing on the LED screen of the car. Why would there be? The keys were in my pocket! Agghhrr, my head hurts!:confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
People, HELP!

Hello,
One month ago I bought an used Honda Civic 5 door car from Germany (not through a dealer).
The car works fine. The only problem I have is regarding the Bluetooth handsfree kit. It is password protected. The language for the handsfree is german, so I cannot unlock it and change the language to English because I don't know the password.
The person from which I bought the car is not responding (I called him several times).
Also, I went to a local Honda dealer here in Bucharest (I live in Romania) and they told me that in Romania, they don't sell honda cars with handsfree systems, so they don't know how to unlock it.

Please help me.

Sincerely,
Dorin Abeaboeru

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hello,
One month ago I bought an used Honda Civic 5 door car from Germany (not through a dealer).
The car works fine. The only problem I have is regarding the Bluetooth handsfree kit. It is password protected. The language for the handsfree is german, so I cannot unlock it and change the language to English because I don't know the password.
The person from which I bought the car is not responding (I called him several times).
Also, I went to a local Honda dealer here in Bucharest (I live in Romania) and they told me that in Romania, they don't sell honda cars with handsfree systems, so they don't know how to unlock it.

Please help me.

Sincerely,
Dorin Abeaboeru
This may help but you might not like what it says!!

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics/16049-sat-nav-phone-reset.html

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts