2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a phone kit so I can use my phone (iPhone) in the car. I want to be able to hear the call through the speakers.. does anyone know if there's a kit that I can buy and get installed aftermarket by Honda?

I see that new Civics come with bluetooth phone prep and sat nav.. is this one unit? Would I have to buy/could I buy a sat nav and bluetooth unit?

Frankie.x

·
Registered
258 Posts
I want to get a phone kit so I can use my phone (iPhone) in the car. I want to be able to hear the call through the speakers.. does anyone know if there's a kit that I can buy and get installed aftermarket by Honda?

I see that new Civics come with bluetooth phone prep and sat nav.. is this one unit? Would I have to buy/could I buy a sat nav and bluetooth unit?

Frankie.x
Hi Frankie

I bought the Parrot MKi9100 kit for my CTR, it's a good job and very discrete, i have the screen up above my rear view mirror and the mics up there too, and the buttons stuck beside the heater controls, i can take a few pics if you want to see what it looks like. You will need to buy an extra lead for it to connect to the standard Honda radio. I bought it all off ebay.

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Frankie

I bought the Parrot MKi9100 kit for my CTR, it's a good job and very discrete, i have the screen up above my rear view mirror and the mics up there too, and the buttons stuck beside the heater controls, i can take a few pics if you want to see what it looks like. You will need to buy an extra lead for it to connect to the standard Honda radio. I bought it all off ebay.
I would love to see pics if you don't mind! How much did it cost and who fitted it for you?

Frankie.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I would love to see pics if you don't mind! How much did it cost and who fitted it for you?

Frankie.
Hi Frankie

The kit cost me £127.50 and the lead £12.18, all from Ebay, i have a friend that fitted it for me (for free):), the only modification was that he had to make the lead longer for the display so it would reach up to the rear view mirror. I will take some pictures when i get home from work and upload them tonight.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi Frankie

The kit cost me £127.50 and the lead £12.18, all from Ebay, i have a friend that fitted it for me (for free):), the only modification was that he had to make the lead longer for the display so it would reach up to the rear view mirror. I will take some pictures when i get home from work and upload them tonight.
Here's the pictures of the Parrot Kit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I swear by the Nokia CK7W. Ive bought 5 now used off ebay, they are only £25 and work with all mobiles with bluetooth once you pair them up.
They dont come with the bells and whistles of the Parrot (ie caller ID etc) but I have a holder for my phone anyway so can see who's calling regardless.

Fitted mine a few weeks ago in the honda. Took about 2 hours and wasnt too bad. Theres a How to on how to fit a parrot kit, just follow that its very similar.

Its worth doing it yourself, not difficult as long as you're just very careful and don't just rip panels off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts