2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Lads (and gals) welcome back.

Can anyone help? I asked about the “Honda Happiness” service package at my local dealers I believe its £500 up front and it coves you for five years servicing, does it cover MOTs after 3 years? The salesmen I was speaking to could not agree on this. Also one said it may be withdrawn near the end of the year due to lack of interest. However I was also told that most dealers will do there own package if this is the case. He did not know the cost but he said it would be around £14 a month direct debit this covers you for 3 years servicing and you’re first MOT. I was going to weigh up option as the Happiness package looks quite good. I know I should have tried to get this in my deal but I am sure when I left the sales room after 3 hours negotiating for bits and pieces for the car he was at the point of chucking me out and taking up a new career.

Also I hear there is an Honda tyre insurance – does anyone know about this and the cost?

Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi there. At last someones posted a question that I know the answer to :)

I bought my ex-demo Civic 1.8 EX from the dealer and they did their own "5 services for £500" package which is the same as Honda offer. The only problem with doing it via the dealer is that you're stuck with that dealer I suppose. It's a good deal, but not an amazing bargin as 5 services works out at about 800 pounds rrp anyway, so you're saving 300 quid but paying up front.

Don't know about new, but buying a "used" (i.e. ex-demo) car from the dealer means you get free mot's forever as long as you have the car serviced there.

I don't know about tyre insurance though.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Steve, i still have 7 weeks to decide which way to go so they should have sorted it out by then anyway but i am impatient so thanks again for the posting.

·
Registered
421 Posts
is this available after you have bought your car?? i was not aware of this when i got my civic, this seems like a good deal

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Andrea, I am still waiting for my car and I was told I could decide on the day I picked the car up then I either paid £500 for the Honda deal or the dealer was offering there own 3 years service (and the first MOT) for around £12 a month (exact price to be decided on the day?). I would not have thought it would have mattered if they get their £500 a few months after. Good luck.

·
Registered
421 Posts
thanks, i will ask them when i go see them about my filler cap and my door ( one of the end bits on my door by the window is poking out, will post a pic of it later)

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Do any of our Finnish or overseas users know if Honda Happiness is available in other European countries? I only ask as I'm now based in Hungary, but there seems no mention of it here.

Or is it a Honda UK specific thing? Seems a bit harsh if it is...

·
Registered
347 Posts
I was decidedly underwhelmed to discover that it wasn't available for the diesel.

·
Registered
178 Posts
me too, that would really have been the cherry on the cake!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Andrea said:
is this available after you have bought your car?? i was not aware of this when i got my civic, this seems like a good deal
sorry andrea, i think you need to sign up within max 28days after picking up the car. However, you could talk to them and say that they did not offer it to you at the first place...

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
When I was offered the service pack 'Honda Hapiness' I thought I was told that I can opt for it any time within the first 12 months.

Sounds good though

·
Registered
111 Posts
honda service

Going to have a word with my dealer re. the package have had the civic 2 weeks now will keep you all posted also bought 2nd hand with 700 miles onthe clock
lennie

·
Registered
277 Posts
Before I ordered a new car I was looking around at a few 2nd hand EX's (without leather and glass roof which I've now gone for) and mentioned the Happiness package. Most of the used cars didn't have it and when I asked about whether it could be added on a used car the dealer said they were talking to Honda UK to see if this could be done. Sounds like from what other people are saying some dealers are offering their own servicing package although not sure if they are doing this for 2nd hand examples.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Honda happiness Deal

Had a word with the dealer today re have the deal on a used car ie.2months old she said no problem at all so still weighing up the pros and cons. Will I still have the car 5 years on
lennie

·
Registered
347 Posts
kelly said:
I have Honda Happiness on my 2.2 iCDTI :D
Was that a dealer's own incentive, or is it the real Honda version that applies at any dealer? I was very cheesed of to find that Honda had been using this in their sales bumf, and then finding that it didn't apply to at least half the cars.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It was on the diesel initially, but was withdrawn. Don't know why, greater minds than me etc etc

1 - 20 of 41 Posts