2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, Happy new year to ya all.

Have had a 1.8 SE for 6 months now and have ordered a 2.2 EX. Should be getting this on the 5th...fingers crossed.

Loved the feel and the handling of the Civic and the flappy paddle of the 1.8 was cool. BUT after driving it for some time felt as though I was not in full control.

I would approach roundabouts etc and the beast would mince down into first as I attempted to pull away in 2nd whilst still rollin...Scuppering a quick get away.

I did adjust driving technique to compensate but still had a few iffy moments therefor decided to goto manual. I took out the 1.8 manual EX and was fairly happy but also decided to drive the 2.2 sport.

The initial engine start up seemed noisy compared to the 1.8 but out of the forecourt and onto the road into 2nd and 3rd the pulling power was brisk to say the least. I loved the sound of the engine and turbo....

I had to combine the two. 2.2 grunt with the array of buttons and visuals of the EX......

Have enjoyed meandering the forums over the past few weeks and eventually posted tonight after a wee hogmany with the Outlaws :) Chuff knows what you can draw from this but hey ho...Ching Ching

Cheers Ricky

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked up the 2.2 Ex in Galaxy grey. Dealer chucked in floor mats but other than that no extras although would love image pack and painted plastic bits but toooooooo dear I think.

Mods done in first day. Upgraded lights...Mainbeam, sidelights and have the led blue inside the front+back roof lights.

The Diesel is fairly quiet and wouldn't know ya had one out of first gear and the turbo noise is impressive.
Torque is outstanding compared to my 1.8 and this car feels much, much more brisk in all aspects of the drive.
I'll have to learn to operate all the new gizmos when stationary as trying to find out some of the features while driving is outright dangerous.

Torque is life....In fact I think I will make this my signature :D

Cheers Ricky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts