2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Are you happy or unhappy with your Civic?

• Happy

Votes: 185 87.3%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 27 12.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
King of the rodeo
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been debated for a long time so out of curiosity...

Are you (overall), Happy or unhappy with your car? Most people have niggles and minor bugs but do these completely ruin your experience of the car or can you overlook them for the greater love? Two choices, should be interesting!

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!

(o.k the car is only two weeks old - but really very happy with her)

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
CZ why do you have to do it - you know this will divide the forum yet again :rolleyes:

I am unhappy (I know that shocked you all) I do LOVE the car, I think it is the best looking car on the road in its class BUT;

So many frustrating problems, poor quality materials that wont withstand time and on my car in particular suspect paintwork I am sadly seriously considering selling and going for the Golf Plus which was the other car I had narrowed my choice down to originally. The looks of the car, Honda's reputation for reliability and great customer service swayed me but sadly the latter has proved to be a complete joke.

To be able to listen to a radio anywhere, not be paranoid about anything/anyone going near the paintwork/dashboard, have frogfree sounding wipers, no misting in light fittings, a boot that opens without help, gears that change in all weathers and dont creak,to be able to drive away from my driveway without a knocking sound and to not have to have a courtesy car at least once a month seems like a dream.

This is not intended to put people off, I keep my cars for several years so I need a troublefree car, if I could afford to buy a new one every few years I would stick with the Civic, but alas I need to think about getting a car now that will last for years and before mine drops too much in value :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
HAPPY!!! Every time I see some saddo in their dull as ditchwater poverty-spec BMW 1 series, Merc c-class coupe or Audi A3 I thank my lucky stars for the Civic!

·
King of the rodeo
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not trying to divide anyone, just making a point that my 90%+ figure is accurate! So far it's on course!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
CP, no axe to grind here but, my neighbour is happy with his Focus, my son is happy with his 206, my daughter loves her Leon, you get my drift.
Me, the car is all I expected plus some niggles, and that's the problem, I can't accept the niggles.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
Vote Now!!

Come on Forum only 34 people voted so far out of what
2900 people

PCR your neighbour and Family may be happy with their cars
but I would bet that there are more happy civic owners
than there are Focus, Leon or 206 owners

·
King of the rodeo
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pcr, Everyones entitled to their opinions and viewpoint, I just wanted it black and white, hence only two opinions. I appreciate what you have said :)

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
I'm not trying to divide anyone, just making a point that my 90%+ figure is accurate! So far it's on course!
Well no offence CZ but good for you!!

Do you not think that for those of us that have spent £15000+ on a new car and have had nothing but hassle get a just a little fed up with being called "moaners" and being reminded that we have a lemon.

For one year and three weeks, I have being writing letters, making calls, driving courtesy cars and "moaning" even I am bored of listening to myself, its a car its not life or death if I can I will cut my losses and settle for a used car (which is not what I wanted as I would have done that a year ago) having spent £1000 on paint repairs as well I am down by about £5000. By my estimation i will need to find another £1000 to £1500 to buy a fairly new used car too, so thanks to Honda's inferior goods I am well and truely out of pocket to the point that I may well be stuck with it anyway.

I have said before I know three people now with civics they have not joined this forum who are not happy, there are loads of members on this forum that never even post and I know from a couple of pms I have received that there are some who are not happy and making complaints but dont want to post publicly on here!!

I love my car and would be gutted to see it go but I can not be bothered anymore to keep going back an forth to the dealership, arrange insurance for courtesy cars, and now the paintwork is looking perfect I am petrified of having it scratched again, I can not keep paying for repairs.

Like I say no offence just making my point :)
Oh and I will miss you all if I have to buy another make :(

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
Well no offence CZ but good for you!!

Do you not think that for those of us that have spent £15000+ on a new car and have had nothing but hassle get a just a little fed up with being called "moaners" and being reminded that we have a lemon.

For one year and three weeks, I have being writing letters, making calls, driving courtesy cars and "moaning" even I am bored of listening to myself, its a car its not life or death if I can I will cut my losses and settle for a used car (which is not what I wanted as I would have done that a year ago) having spent £1000 on paint repairs as well I am down by about £5000. By my estimation i will need to find another £1000 to £1500 to buy a fairly new used car too, so thanks to Honda's inferior goods I am well and truely out of pocket to the point that I may well be stuck with it anyway.

I have said before I know three people now with civics they have not joined this forum who are not happy, there are loads of members on this forum that never even post and I know from a couple of pms I have received that there are some who are not happy and making complaints but dont want to post publicly on here!!

I love my car and would be gutted to see it go but I can not be bothered anymore to keep going back an forth to the dealership, arrange insurance for courtesy cars, and now the paintwork is looking perfect I am petrified of having it scratched again, I can not keep paying for repairs.

Like I say no offence just making my point :)
Oh and I will miss you all if I have to buy another make :(
If you have to buy another make - Hmm - all I can say TC is take care
because you could have similar problems regardless of what car you
buy especially if it is an all new model.

I will admit it looks like honda has had more than it's fair share of problems with the new civic in particular 55 ,06 and some 56 plate cars
and I know you have had a lot of problems and that is why most people switch manufacturer but look at the amount of people who are happy with their civic's who in the past have owned VW's, Vauxhall's Renaults's
Yes ok our new civic is still just two weeks old but I do not expect to have any problems with it and am looking forward to ordering my new CR-V in the near future ( I for one am not intending changing from Honda for the forseeable future)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hi Topcat

I am sorry to hear that you are considering selling your car. I felt the same way after spending 1 year fighting Meashams of Greenford through the courts. Like you I spent alot of time with courtsey cars, writing letters to the solicitor and Meashams and in the meantime my car was filling up with water. It had leaking rear windows which citroen could not fix. At the end of it I just wanted another car, hopefully reliable. So I bought a Volkswagen Polo and had 4 trouble free years. So I don't blame you for wanting to change your car. I would probably do the same.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Hi Topcat

I am sorry to hear that you are considering selling your car. I felt the same way after spending 1 year fighting Meashams of Greenford through the courts. Like you I spent alot of time with courtsey cars, writing letters to the solicitor and Meashams and in the meantime my car was filling up with water. It had leaking rear windows which citroen could not fix. At the end of it I just wanted another car, hopefully reliable. So I bought a Volkswagen Polo and had 4 trouble free years. So I don't blame you for wanting to change your car. I would probably do the same.
Thanks CF, I had seven trouble free years with my focus (wouldn't buy the new shape though)

I hear what you say Brodick and I know its a gamble but like I say I may not even be able to afford to make the change just something I am considering.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Happy with mine. 5 months old, 5,500 ish miles - a few creaks from the dash/windscreen and the usual fuel cap problem (new cap now fitted but still not always opening first time) - but nothing that stops me smiling or enjoying:D

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
on the whole im fine with the car , although ive just got a warning light on the dash and the heater plug light is flashing continuously....anybody else had this?... the manual says contact the dealer asap and drive the car slowly..will give them a ring tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts