2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am totally non-technical! I have the above and the hard wire lead. I know from the manual that the Indago charges at 5v. - not 12v.
Any help / suggestions on how best to do this much appreciated.:idea:
I have mounted the Indago on a Brodit angled clip so would like the hard wire lead to come out of the silver flapped cubby hole under the radio!
Many thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
tony - what lead would you be using if you were not hard wiring it?

There must be a convertor in there somewhere, and this will need to be used and connected to the 12V hard wire you have put it, to get 5V out...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tony

Any chance you can provide details of the Brodit clip (part no. etc) you used for mounting the Indago

I have one of these units too and am looking for the correct Brodit mount to use

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tony - what lead would you be using if you were not hard wiring it?

There must be a convertor in there somewhere, and this will need to be used and connected to the 12V hard wire you have put it, to get 5V out...
You are right - there is a converter. I did not make myself very clear - I was after help in where to best get a 12v. feed from and how to route the wiring without taking everything to bits. One thing I don't want is any visible wiring!:?:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tony

Any chance you can provide details of the Brodit clip (part no. etc) you used for mounting the Indago

I have one of these units too and am looking for the correct Brodit mount to use
I went to dsldevelopments.com and spoke to a chap called David - VERY helpful. The mount I used was:
Brodit ProClip for Honda Civic - Angled mount
Item No. : 653733 for Years 06-07 in All Countries - there are two other mounts available - one that sits right by the passengers seat edge and a vent clip but I didn't like either of them.
I also bought a tilt and swivel that screws to the mount. Then I used a mini move clip - half of the clip is stuck to the tilt and swivel and the other half to the indago. I had to cut down the clip and ended up fitting it over the serial number sticker on the Indago.
It is a bit of a fiddle to fit and is quite close to the gearstick, but looks very neat. Be warned - make sure when you fit everything together that you can still get the charger plug into its socket on the back of the Indago! Hope this helps!!!:D

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I went to dsldevelopments.com and spoke to a chap called David - VERY helpful. The mount I used was:
Brodit ProClip for Honda Civic - Angled mount
Item No. : 653733 for Years 06-07 in All Countries - there are two other mounts available - one that sits right by the passengers seat edge and a vent clip but I didn't like either of them.
I also bought a tilt and swivel that screws to the mount. Then I used a mini move clip - half of the clip is stuck to the tilt and swivel and the other half to the indago. I had to cut down the clip and ended up fitting it over the serial number sticker on the Indago.
It is a bit of a fiddle to fit and is quite close to the gearstick, but looks very neat. Be warned - make sure when you fit everything together that you can still get the charger plug into its socket on the back of the Indago! Hope this helps!!!:D

Any photo's of your set up Tony?

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Just to say I got my Brodit mount for my PDA from DSL Developments. They are amazingly nice and helpful!

I'm using the vent mount. I can post pictures if anyone wants to see. With the PDA on there it does obscure the CD slot. Not a major problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts