2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just bought the above ipod connection kit for my civic.

Halfords selling it for £99 plus fitting but bought it from ebay for £25!!

According to the bloke in Halfords, this is a very decent ipod connection kit and especially looks really good for the Civic with the blue lighting etc..

Does anyone know of anywhere in the Bolton / North west area that could fit it for me cheaply? Maybe even a member on here?

Thanks

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
Hello,

Just bought the above ipod connection kit for my civic.

Halfords selling it for £99 plus fitting but bought it from ebay for £25!!

According to the bloke in Halfords, this is a very decent ipod connection kit and especially looks really good for the Civic with the blue lighting etc..

Does anyone know of anywhere in the Bolton / North west area that could fit it for me cheaply? Maybe even a member on here?

Thanks
Have you a photo of it?? I like the sound of this

·
Premium Member
514 Posts

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Oh well, that link did not seem to work, sorry. I searched for it on ebay and found it quite easily though. The seller was 'iceclearout' if that helps.

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Darn, and I checked everything else, well spotted, thanks: The link tool put that in the front, I'll have to watch that :)

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I have this kit in my passat its better than the honda kit as you can control the ipod better and get track read out on the screen .
having said that I would not use the fm link as the sound quality was apalling . connect with a connects 2 box though through an aux input and great quality.
A good deal you got apart from I got mine fitted at halfords for £80 all in including the connects 2 box and fitting . so I am happy too !
Passat goes tomorrow as it is a company car, looking forward to going shopping for a new accord perhaps but for now the civic or my MK1 Mx5 for work.:cool: for the summer!

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Have you a photo of it?? I like the sound of this
Here's a couple of pictures of mine installed. There's a few others who have this set up now and it works pretty well.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-...gration-potential-solution-11.html#post144128

It does come with an FM connection but from the looks of it this connects direct to a normal aerial line (yet another thing the Civic doesn't have), so it would take some creative wiring to fit this way. Best option is the Connects2 box, and will give a better sound.

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
Here's a couple of pictures of mine installed. There's a few others who have this set up now and it works pretty well.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-...gration-potential-solution-11.html#post144128

It does come with an FM connection but from the looks of it this connects direct to a normal aerial line (yet another thing the Civic doesn't have), so it would take some creative wiring to fit this way. Best option is the Connects2 box, and will give a better sound.
Thanks for the photo's but not too impressed. The screen on the dash wouldn't work in any CTR because it would be in the way of the sat-nav screen and the radio screen

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts