2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody using the Harman Kardon Drive+Play 2 in their Civic yet?

It appears very similar in a lot of respects to the v1 but with the added bonus that you can plug in a USB memory stick as well as the ipod and a 3.5mm plug. So will this bit of kit, connected to a Connects2 box bring the ability to use the steering wheel controls to control files on a USB memory stick

The way the memory stick plugs in is also intriguing. It plugs into an adaptor that plugs into the ipod socket. If you could get one of these connectors, would this mean that you could plug your memory stick into any ipod connector.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
So will this bit of kit, connected to a Connects2 box bring the ability to use the steering wheel controls to control files on a USB memory stick.
As far as I know the controls will be the same as the D+P 1, via a seperate control wheel.

The only advantage being that the controls are connected via Bluetooth to the main control unit. Not much of an advantage if you ask me though.

Looks like you can connect your USB memory sticks though which is an advantage. It's a colour screen. But it's still a bit pricey though at over £200.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I fancied one of these too, but they don't seem readily available in the UK at the moment, and they're very expensive considering the relatively minor improvements over the (£40) D+P1 (colour screen and wireless controller). Also several reviews I've seen talked about disadvantages (slow loading album art etc) - check out CNET for more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts