2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
I don't know if it's good or bad (knowing Harman Kardon it's rather good) but unless you got the email from someone you know (i.e. if it wasn't spam) I woudn't buy it there no matter how cheap, for 2 reasons:
1. responding to spam creates a "market" for more spam
2. spam and scam are often not far apart - if you pay you don't know if what you receive will be genuine and if you receive anything at all
Good luck [smilie=happydance.:

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
I just received this in an email:

Harmon/Kardon Drive+Play In-Car iPod Dock - SVP

Seems a very good price. I have the Honda Ipod adaptor, so not much use to me I suppose but thought I'd share the link as it's a very good price.
I have this in my civic! It was already installed when i picked up my baby yesterday. its a nice wee bit of kit. The docking cable is in the middle console.

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
I suppose you take a chance with anything, but it would be a nightmare installing that and then finding that it didn't work and it all had to be taken back out. Even as a refurb its a cracking price

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They say that all refurbs are tested - whereas a new one isn't, so not much of a risk I wouldn't think.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Thats my fear in how to install it. As i would want it wired in. Might phone my local ice place and see how much they would charge.

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
They say that all refurbs are tested - whereas a new one isn't, so not much of a risk I wouldn't think.
A small percentage ie a few from each batch of new ones will be tested but not the lot. As this product has been returned as 'Faulty' in the first place they have to test that its working before they send it back out, but it maybe that it just doesn't agree with the stereo in the car, so new or refurb you still have that issue.

It will have been tested in a factory but not in a car and not the car its going to be installed into so until its installed you don't know if it works or not.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just another thought - I already have the Honda ipod connector. I wonder if that means I now have an aux in? It must do somehow - some of the pin connections are going to be audio in.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Also a bit of interest on it at the hotukdeals website

Harmon/Kardon Drive+Play In-Car iPod Dock £28.86 Delivered SVP - HotUKDeals Forum

There's a poster there who says they are from SVP and that it comes with a 12 month guarantee. I used to buy blank media from them also but guess you can't really tell 100% if that poster is genuine or not.....he sounds convincing.....or was I just born this gullible? haha

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Seems like the same thing. Its a refurb product that will have to be installed as all discussed above.

Others above have bought from them in the past and they've had no issues, See Type S's comments. I find it strange that people have bought blank media from some sites but when they offer something else people are a bit warry, why is that?

·
Premium Member
514 Posts

·
3,295 Posts

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
I literally cut this system out of my car it was that bad...
No recommendations from me, never tried it.. just saw a much cheaper link ;)

·
3,295 Posts
No recommendations from me, never tried it.. just saw a much cheaper link ;)
I can see it getting cheaper and cheaper but thats a good find. Cheapest so far lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts