2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to fit a harness in my fn2 and have a couple of questions.

firstly, im going to remove my rear seats before going to trackdays, so has anyone done this? what tools do i need, were are the bolts located? any photos?

and has anyone fitted a harness in an fn2, that has some pictures of were the fixing points are for the eyebolts. and maybe the harness fitted. what harness they used, and any links to were they got it?

cheers
colin

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
i want to fit a harness in my fn2 and have a couple of questions.

firstly, im going to remove my rear seats before going to trackdays, so has anyone done this? what tools do i need, were are the bolts located? any photos?

and has anyone fitted a harness in an fn2, that has some pictures of were the fixing points are for the eyebolts. and maybe the harness fitted. what harness they used, and any links to were they got it?

cheers
colin

maybe this guy would know colin ?

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/items-sale/54206-fn2-ctr-front-rear-seats-door-cards.html

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Yes, me ;) What you need to know?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
12 or 14 do not remember, but I had installed the harness on the back seat fixing holes, they matched perfect, so no drilling needed ! The same situation with the seats, original screws and holes has matched perfect on the same fixing points ! I would make the fotos, on the back fixing side and near the seat rails as well. It should help.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I've just got my own idea to fix the harness. These 2 points in one fixing point (in the place of the rear seat) and it works just fine, so I didn't need to drill a second 2 holes. May be it doesn't looks symmetrical from the back, but I had to adjust the lenght of the seatbelts and they are works properly.

Here you go :

Attachments

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
excellent dawid, thanks for these photos, they really help. just one question, your new front seats obviously sit on new seat rails, is the fixing point the same place as original seat rails?

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Taking the rear seats out is a matter of 15mins. I did it for fun. All you need is a socket set.

Life the bottom part of the seat up and remove the bolts and your done. Its really easy ;)

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Taking the rear seats out is a matter of 15mins. I did it for fun. All you need is a socket set.

Life the bottom part of the seat up and remove the bolts and your done. Its really easy ;)
Thanks matt, I might give it a trial run tomorrow. I won't be getting the harness for a month or so, and my next track day isn't till September, so I have plenty of time to practice taking the seats out and putting them back. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey dawid, i took the rear seats out to fit my harness last night, really easy. however, the bolts that fix the seat rails are a different size to the eye bolts for the harness, so i cant mount them there. you obviously changed your seats and rails, i see that from the photos. any ideas how i can fix the lap belt part of the harness instead of mounting it on the seat rails?
cheers
colin

1 - 20 of 47 Posts