2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Looking to buy a Type R
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Thought i'd start my build thread, for me to track my own progress really and to show others whats been going on so far!

How it was:

The first thing I did was fit a Japspeed short shifter and a gaitor/mugen gearknob (looked awful stock) Unfortunately haven't got a pic for these yet!

I wasn't a fan of the perspex front grille, so it was a due a facelift:

Next I bought a few metres of SPI Vision to darken my lights (legally) a bit. Installing was easy for the fronts..

... and I originally intended just to tint the rear cluster:

Didn't come out how i expected so i thought stuff it and did the lot, indicators were easier then i thought they'd be;

Next up was tackling the rusty old calipers. So bought some brake cleaner, VHT red paint and a wire brush and got to work:

rain stopped the work so car was left on axle stands overnight :(

Wheels got the plastidip treatment the next day, this is only a temporary fix as I plan on getting some FN2 wheels or Rota-style Grids (if anyone knows any for sale, let me know):

Local youths enjoy stealing dust caps so Honda locking ones were bought:

and some pics of the car back together:

Thats it so far! I ordered some Eibach lowering springs, little did i know they were coming from Poland, so thats a job for next weekend. Colour coding is being left until i get all my bits together first.

Future mods:
MUGEN-style rear spoiler
MUGEN-style rear splitter
front GP splitter
Eibach Spacers
18" Grids or FN2 alloys
K&N 57i air intake
catback exhaust (probably powerflow)
ecu remapped (for throttle response)
brake upgrade, possibly to accord Type R brakes.
LOTS OF CARBON BITS (Interior, exterior, engine dressing)
at some point, colour coding.

and just maybe, a supercharger. :twisted:

·
Looking to buy a Type R
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice work mate :) im not normally a fan of spi vision but it looks good covering all the rear lights. Next job for me is painting my rusty old calipers. You find it easy?
Yeah I was worried it would look to chavvy at first but most people at work don't even realize its not a stock thing :). I found the calipers really easy. Theres a great kit on fleabay E-Tech Brake Caliper Paint Kit - Engine Bay Brakes Manifold ETECH Drum Metal Car | eBay

Comes with brake cleaner too, I just wire brushed and cleaned each caliper and carrier and put a bit of cardboard behind them to stop the paint going onto disc. Easy as!

- On a separate note i've got some more pics to come soon, fitted lowering kit and got a nice new shiny set of wheels! :)

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Was the one can in that kit enough pal? Might get it if so

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Haha sorted! I'll get that ordered then. Cheers pal

·
Looking to buy a Type R
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got 'The Ulimate Muc-Off Car cleaning kit' used it today and took a quick snap in the sun

·
Looking to buy a Type R
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well i've not updated this thread for a while but i've been doing little bits here and there:
-Private Plate 'L2 H**'
-Heko Wind Deflectors
-K&N 57i Intake kit
-Rear parking camera and Aux in fitted

I've just sent my fuel cap cover, door handle covers and some other interior bits off to be hydro dipped in carbon fibre, so will have some pics up of these soon-ish.

My car is also booked in 3rd week of September to a bodyshop for the following:
-Colour Coding
-GP Front and Rear Splitters (With inserts in NHB)
-Type R spoiler Paint and Fitting
-Wheels being resprayed NHB (Really looking forward to this, my current wheels are effectively the same as Rota Grids but the polished lips makes them look a lot smaller than they are [18"].)
-Rear bumper respray (ARGH, car must've had a bump before I bought it)

Then the following Saturday I have the car booked in for window tinting.

I've also got a new starter motor to fit (ridiculously expensive), Rear bootliner, I have to fix all the rattlies inside the cabin before I lose my sanity and I want to order PMC's carbon fog scoops and i'll reroute my Intake. I've just fitted New discs and pads allround also.

Future Mods:

Accord Type R front brake upgrade
All calipers properly refurbished in blue
Chrome lip on front grille dipped in Carbon Fibre
Type R interior
Cat back exhaust (probably made to fit)
Type R rear light cluster (Not to keen on the rear tints anymore)
FRS

And more to come when I think of it :)

1 - 20 of 81 Posts