2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just bought a module online for mirror folding for my MK8 from china for £13.

I was wondering has anybody ever fitted it to when they press the lock button 1st time it locks the car but the mirrors don't fold and then the 2nd press folds the mirrors?

I was just wondering as I'd rather have it work that way as I was thinking of doing parcel deliveries for a job and don't want my mirrors folding everytime I decide to lock the car just to post a parcel. If it's a big job or nobody has done this then I may aswell just leave it and stick to the button press if I end up with a new job.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
21,006 Posts
For reference, on the 9G .... first press locks the car, second press double locks, third press, and hold for a few secs, folds the mirrors.

There may be something you can adapt from the 9G.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, the modules don't work that way.
Why are you concerned about them folding/unfolding anyway?
Just so it doesn't wear the motors out as I'm not sure how long they last.

If I do parcel deliveries then I didn't really want to lock the car/fold mirrors and open it everytime I get out just to post a parcel, I'm mainly just concerned about the wearing of motors on mirrors. Eventually I'll probably buy a van or something if I decide to stick with the job though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts