2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering getting the genuine type r emblem and I was just wondering how it is fitted etc and is it difficult? thanks

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Honda say the bumper needs to be removed to fit the badge, but lots of people have fitted it without the need for removal and although a tight squeeze for your hand, it is quite easy. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Think there is another thread on this?????.........

Anyway I fitted my genuine Honda on a few weeks ago. Was really easy. If you go by Honda you are mean't to remove the front bumper!!!!

1. Simply opened the bonnet.
2. Pop up the grill retaining clips (extreme care needs taken with these as they break easily!)
3. Unbolt the nuts either end 11mm I think?!
4. Find the correct level for the badge
5. Push on the no return clips in the back of the badge by sliding your hand behind the grill (TIGHT!!)
6. Replay the nuts and clips
7. Stand back and admire!! :)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I had the garage fit mine, and to be honest its not worth paying out £130 for (including side stickers)!

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
I had the garage fit mine, and to be honest its not worth paying out £130 for (including side stickers)!
Same here...............abit of a rip off price wise !!

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
In heinsight..........it's very easy to do

·
Registered
353 Posts
I havnt done mine yet but i think il give it a go

the side decals are the ones i am scared about

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
I havnt done mine yet but i think il give it a go

the side decals are the ones i am scared about
Side decals are easy !! soap the area well , measure and hey presto

·
Registered
50 Posts
I fitted mine a couple of weeks ago and I've never done anything with cars before.
Popping the plastic plugs is tricky and its almost inevitable you could break one or two - however if you use two screwdrivers rather than one they are much more likely to pop cleanly.
With regards the fitting indeed the insturctions do say to remove most of the front of the car - I didn't but expect to scrape the back of your hand.
The biggest problem I had was trying to hold onto the little push nuts and pushing my hand in at the same time.
I solve this by using a piece of duck tape stuck around my index and middle finger with the sticky facing outwards and sticking the push nut to it until I had it in line with the emblem pins and then pushing it in enough to grip before using the socket for the rest of the push.
I didn't bother with the decals.

·
Registered
70 Posts
This car SHOULD have had these things fitted as standard, it is absolutely disgusting of HUK to charge for these items. I mean the car costs the best part of £20k.
Msg to HUK, put these on the car as standard and stop ripping us Type R owners off.

·
Registered
225 Posts
It is a bit of a rip off to be honest but if you have a good hunt around (like I did on ebay!) you can get all the kit pretty cheap. I was just over £20 for the side graphics and OEM badge delivered!!

Took 20 min to fit the grill badge and about the same for the side graphics.

Here it is done....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts