2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be doing a lot of driving soon with my new job, and I cba with a headset that hurts and has to be taken around to be charged. I also don't want anything showing on the dashboard or anywhere else a-al the parrot MKi sets (which would be the other option) as I don't want to remove a load of things from my car each time I leave it.

Has anyone had the official Honda unit installed after they've owned the car for a couple years? Mine's an 06 Civic and I've called up my local garage and they say they are able to do it.

What is the official one like? Is it actually any good? does it take the numbers from your phone or is it rather dated and not worth the money?

I've used the BT in an A4 and a Fiat 500 and they're both pretty good (the Fiat had the edge, oddly) but not seen the one in the H, anyone got photos/experience they'd like to share?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Hi jraward my car is the Ex and is fitted with blue tooth as standard and works a treat, only caution you need to note is make sure your phone will shake hands with the blue tooth system. For guidence on this search through threads on thisweb page as this has been mentioned before.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi jraward my car is the Ex and is fitted with blue tooth as standard and works a treat, only caution you need to note is make sure your phone will shake hands with the blue tooth system. For guidence on this search through threads on thisweb page as this has been mentioned before.
Cheers for your replies. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to have a look, looking at the wiki it's confusing as I was under the impression that it was fully integrated with the car's display mirroring the phone's when calls come in or are made, is this not the case?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Cheers for your replies. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to have a look, looking at the wiki it's confusing as I was under the impression that it was fully integrated with the car's display mirroring the phone's when calls come in or are made, is this not the case?
No, there are two versions.

One is factory mounted and included in the EX or Executive specs (or EX GT from MY 10 I think), this is integrated into the satnav display on 09+ cars. On 06 through 08 there is no link to the display (other than some symbol on the air con display), but it is still a factory mounted solution.

The other is the "aftermarket" version, which is mounted on the A-pillar and not connected to any displays. This is the one in the wiki.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, that makes more sense now. If I've been quoted for the aftermarket version - which is essentially the Parrot CK3000 - then that's a complete farce as £60 vs £350 is a joke. If it's the integrated on, then that makes more sense as I'm assuming that's the one with the steering wheel controls, but it's still a shame that it's not integrated to the display.

Poor move Honda.

Thanks for your reply, I need this done in the next couple days so I'm looking to get something sorted tomorrow.

Edit: When I say 'done', I'll be doing it myself (most of the dash is still off from a tidy soldered sat-nav install and a Dice ipod connector, so it shouldn't be too much trouble for me)

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Ah, that makes more sense now. If I've been quoted for the aftermarket version - which is essentially the Parrot CK3000 - then that's a complete farce as £60 vs £350 is a joke. If it's the integrated on, then that makes more sense as I'm assuming that's the one with the steering wheel controls, but it's still a shame that it's not integrated to the display.

Poor move Honda.

Thanks for your reply, I need this done in the next couple days so I'm looking to get something sorted tomorrow.

Edit: When I say 'done', I'll be doing it myself (most of the dash is still off from a tidy soldered sat-nav install and a Dice ipod connector, so it shouldn't be too much trouble for me)
It won't be the integrated one which has been quoted.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In that case that's preposterous! Looks like I'll be having some fun with screwdrivers tomorrow then :)

thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts