2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I've been looking at upgrading my head unit. But people have worried me with security concerns.

So I just wonder, has anyone managed to put an amp behind the dash anywhere?

I'd like to fit something, but without it being seen, as it would be in if installed in the boot..

Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i have fitted loads of amps in the past never in a civic yet ( soon will have tho!!) ;) but other hiding places i have used are under the front seats, attached to the bottom of the glove box even a false floor in the passenger footwell and mounted two in there.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pabs. I really want it hidden so it can't be seen anywhere.

I was wondering if there are any compact subs, that will maybe take it to 50w or somethimg.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
The bassworx amp is in the dash

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lighting audio do a sub and amp kit which is a really thin sub box with a amp you can mount on the side of the box!!

Lightning Audio® : Product Details

was designed to fit behind the seats of cars like 350Z and MR2's

don't know if this helps?
Thanks Pabs. I mistyped though, I meant compact amps! [smilie=dunceblock.:
I've already fitted a pioneer under the backseat.

Thanks illegalhunter. Do you know of anything else that'll do the trick?

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
i think if you have the dual zone aircon the space may be a bitlimited. if yyou have the standard climate system it may be worth a look to see how much space is under the glovebox.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks ritchie. But I have dual climate control. Seems I'm doomed!!

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
Hey,

I think if your really keen on fitting an amp in the dash you need to look at the Alpine PDX range of amps, as these are small yet powerful.

Originally I was going to go for a PDX-5, 5 channel amp with 4x 75w for main speakers and 1x300w for the sub.
Absolutley cracking amp and small enough to squeeze almost anywhere, but I decided against it as I didn't really want to spend silly money on my ICE again. Having said that it's not a bad price and so might be worth you looking into one in their range.

Here is a good link I cam across while looking them up;

Alpine PDX-5 finally came in! w00t! - DIY Mobile Audio

Ian

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. Seems we're also the tangerine club here too.

What I'm after is a DIY seemsless solution, so that everything is hidden. Seems I'm chasing a dream.

If I put things in the glovebox or bootspace, I may as well change the headunit. The put the original HU in boot or glovebox.

Decisions!

·
Registered
337 Posts
What do you want the amp to power? Sub or speakers or oem speakers? Impulse in Watford have a small amp designed with speaker inputs to plug directly into the head unit to improve the standard power. Ideal if you want to boost the headunit power.

But not powerful enough to run subs....from memory there about 50wrms x 4

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What do you want the amp to power? Sub or speakers or oem speakers? Impulse in Watford have a small amp designed with speaker inputs to plug directly into the head unit to improve the standard power. Ideal if you want to boost the headunit power.

But not powerful enough to run subs....from memory there about 50wrms x 4
I've upgraded the speakers and just want a bit more poke.

4 x 50 sounds about right. Any idea of the cost of that at all?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts