2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Photoshopping a Nighthawk black to see what a 'blacked out' front would look like between the lights.

In practice I wonder if it would be possible to remove the front central clear perspex, and say apply a matt black, or NHB paint to the reflective backing behine the clear perspex (does that make sense ? ). The Honda H could perhaps go to Red or White (not sure on white actually)

Would certainly make the car stand out from crowd. I guess it could also be done on any colour not just black.

Come on Photoshopper's......... challenge time.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Photoshopping a Nighthawk black to see what a 'blacked out' front would look like between the lights.

In practice I wonder if it would be possible to remove the front central clear perspex, and say apply a matt black, or NHB paint to the reflective backing behine the clear perspex (does that make sense ? ). The Honda H could perhaps go to Red or White (not sure on white actually)

Would certainly make the car stand out from crowd. I guess it could also be done on any colour not just black.

Come on Photoshopper's......... challege time.
Like this you mean ?

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14275&postcount=10

knew I had seen it on here somewhere

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
the later images were better - I smoothed out some of the jagged edges from my first attempt :oops:

But yes, very tempting! :D

Latest pics of the R don't have blacked out lights though :(

I think to do just the centre bit would actually just make the Civ look more 'normal' :(

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Latest pics of the R don't have blacked out lights though :(

I think to do just the centre bit would actually just make the Civ look more 'normal' :(

Yep, tend to agree. I was curious how you 'black out' lights and still get the required lighting output. I have seen a lot of cars with rear 'smoked' effect lights, but I guess the front is a no-no for many reasons.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
The light 'bodies' on TTs changed from black to titanium coloured in '02, without any real degredation or improvement in the light output - though I must admit I'm not quite sure how either!

Might be worth playing in a few months time when (inevitably, but sadly :() a few headlight units might start cropping up on ebay from accident damaged Civics...

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
looks diffent mite every look mean ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts