2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, It's been a while... :smile3:
Completely useless on anything bodyworkish, could anyone throw some light on this. please?

The Civic was sitting in garage pretty much all last summer, which heats up something rotten in the hot sun. Could this have caused this popping out?
I haven't bumped it. I noticed the gap when opening the garage up one day and having read some other posts, wondered if it could be heat...? (making plastic move and pop a clip maybe?)

If so, is it mendable (by me?) or does the whole bumper have to come off at a stealership? I'll probably be selling it in the next year, so would like it looking smarter than this makes it look... :frown2:

Ooer - it's changed how to upload photos....
If the photos don't work, the bit that has popped is between bumper and lights, a couple of inches to the left (looking at car) of the number plate. Not at the side.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS : When I try to push bumper back in, there doesn't seem to be any friction, or "clicking attempt" of clipping into anything....

Forgot to say thank you, so thank you. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK thanks (or if you read the beginning of my post (ie nothing bodyworkish, LOL) - I will 'have' the bumper taken off and 'have' the folded clips closed a bit harder...
If I were to take the bumper off myself it would be Civic carnage :surprise: And NOBODY wants that !

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I've just tried pushing it back in now, and yeah, it pops out at the side, a bit further up so def needs to be held in.
Even if I pay someone to do it, it will be worth it as I think it's a make or break for a sale to anyone who's not going to tinker themselves....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, so my garage (not Honda) took bumper off and says it's not the 'clips' that need resqueezing it is the frame work (goes right across the front) that these clips are on which is bent inwards a bit and so needs replacing.... 175 euros for a new part (not Honda) plus refitting. Does that sound right ?

I'm in France - it called the 'traverse' here..

It's so not necessary to get it replaced (except for the trained eye) but I'm selling it so I think it's the right thing to do.....ggrrrr good conscience an' all ! :(

·
Administrator
17,936 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unfortunately incapable of fitting myself - I'd have a go on an old battered car (and the point would be ? lol) but I've no idea where to start on the Civic... :D The saying "doing more harm than good" springs to mind! lol
I could source the part and have the garage fit it they said... (but if it's not the right one.... gulp!)

I think i'll leave it as is, get a buyer on the end of the "rod" and give 2 options : either propose to have it done prior to purchase for full asking price or give a discount ++ than the cost... up to them if they feel it important to do... so a big thanks to the person who parked their car in front of me who gave it a whack with their big fat arse!! Gggrrrr

1 - 12 of 12 Posts