2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 honda civic type s gt . I was wondering if it *** have been possible for previous owner to switch of the alarm somehow. If so how do i re engage it

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I take it your alarm isn't working ??

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Unlikely it can turned off with a switch or something, but may be possible to disconnect the power to it or the sensors? Might be worth checking the fuse (it must be fused right?)

It's quite common for the interior sensors in Civics to not work though. Are you sure this isn't the problem?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Unlikely it can turned off with a switch or something, but may be possible to disconnect the power to it or the sensors? Might be worth checking the fuse (it must be fused right?)
No - could you imagine if it was - all a thief would need to do would be to pop the fuse cover and remove the fuse and he would then have a peaceful rummage in your car. - removing the battery would be no use for the hypothetical thief either as the alarm is battery backed up :D

·
Unbelieveable Vteccers
837 Posts
Sit in the car lock the doors and don't move, once the alarm sets move around and set it off. If it goes off it's working. ;)

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
No - could you imagine if it was - all a thief would need to do would be to pop the fuse cover and remove the fuse and he would then have a peaceful rummage in your car. - removing the battery would be no use for the hypothetical thief either as the alarm is battery backed up :D
Lol yeah that's what I thought. But the system must have some sort of protection?

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
arm it . open car door with manually with key and it should go off.

i do sometimes miss a feed back chirp to say my car is alarm is armed, sometimes i cant remember if i locked it because i dont look at my indicators when i lock it (too use to my old car!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts