2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I have read on a few sites some engines have them already installed just has a plug on it,

Has our engine already got the thread to plug in a oil temp sensor??

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers mate, will this make any diff to the oil pressure? I read it some were?

Also do you know what size our engine is?? Ie thread?

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
I've got the Mugen Guages and Mugen use a sandwich plate to take the oil pressure and temperature readings, both off the same plate

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Don't know which is better, I have the oil filter plate which sits in the flow of oil, the other sits in the sump so not in the flow. The plates seem to be more widely used though so???
plate is cheap and easy to install but it's not the best place coz sensor reads after the oil cooler.

best place to get the correct oil temp is at oil pan and all after market oil pans has a thread ready for this.

i did that also

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Don't know which is better, I have the oil filter plate which sits in the flow of oil, the other sits in the sump so not in the flow. The plates seem to be more widely used though so???
What sort of oil temps do you see? Mine was over 120 at Spa and I had a red light come on the gauge!

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
We're about's have you out the wiring mate??
From what I can remember the wires go out of the bulk head on the right hand side and around the inner arch to where the oil filter is. I'll have a look, I may have the instructions for the Mugen gauges, those might help.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts