2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't stand it any longer!!!!!!!!! ;-) Every day I am on here reading all the the fun you are all having with your Civics and I still have 8 bloody weeks to wait!!!! Why can't they just keep the shelves stocked! Tescos seem to manage it :(

Mal

8 weeks and counting :(

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
If you could get them from Tesco's folk wouldn't look twice :roll:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I was talking to someone about the civic recently and they were saying that demand had dropped so they had reduced the capacity at the factory to prepare the factory for the 3 door which is why the deliveries are remaining high even though the initial "rush" for a new model has probably passed.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Maldax said:
Why can't they just keep the shelves stocked! Tescos seem to manage it :(
That's interesting....while I already have my civic, our local Tesco's are actually terrible at keeping the shelves stocked. ...they never have what you're looking for.
I ordered mine from a garage in Dublin laste December and the last I heard from them was that they'd have it in late July!! I was able to source one quicker from a Garage in Cork at the start of May and I got my deposit back from the other garage. There wouldn't have been nearly as much dificulty if I'd wanted to go for the 1.4l. Apparently the dealers in Ireland underestimated the demand for the 1.8l and ordered mainly 1.4s.
Still look on the bright side.....when you finally do get your Civic you'll have a website full of handy tips and How To's for everything you could possibly want to do to it :p

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Raegten, what colour is your Civic, only a mate of mine MMS'd me a photo of a red Civic in Dublin a few weeks ago, wondered if it might be yours!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
No, mines a black ES.
I've been keeping an eye out for any members on the site from ROI but from the members list and location I seem to be the only one :?
There are other Civics in Dublin.....why are none of them on this forum....Have to get posting those fliers!!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Maldax said:
8 weeks and counting :(
Well, I still have 15-17 weeks of eager anticipation left, so just be glad you're getting yours so soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've a 2.2EX on order with a few extra's. I have been told that the delay is due to a massive order placed for Hybrid Civics from the Metropolitan Police. The order has apparently taken priority and so all other orders have slipped. I'm not sure if this is true....it came from the dealer i'm buying from. One thing that did annoy me: I was told that if I purchased the car "today" then i'd take delivery in Sept, which I did....only to be told now that it's an October delivery (Vivid blue).

·
Registered
11 Posts
And you hate it! I had the old EP3 Type R which I sold privately 5 weeks ago and now I'm driving a crappy X reg Fiesta 1.3 8 valve Encore :( Mind you I'll feel much better when I get my brand spanking new 57 plate Milano Type R on 1st Sept ;)

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I walked into the showroom - saw it and collected after less than 24hrs ;)
Reckon you should have shopped around and got a better delivery date than that!

Blimee, that took a shorter time than they took do my PDI!

......and that wasn't done correctly!

"Lady H and I just had a few words.
Trouble is, I didn't get to use mine!"

Charles H.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
I've a 2.2EX on order with a few extra's. I have been told that the delay is due to a massive order placed for Hybrid Civics from the Metropolitan Police. The order has apparently taken priority and so all other orders have slipped. I'm not sure if this is true....it came from the dealer i'm buying from. One thing that did annoy me: I was told that if I purchased the car "today" then i'd take delivery in Sept, which I did....only to be told now that it's an October delivery (Vivid blue).
Odd considering the Hybrids are not built in the UK
the cars may need some work done on them in swindon before they are
sent out to the dealers but still shouldn't affect the manufacturing plant

1 - 18 of 18 Posts